12 different locations (see article)
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
Eleven revenants can be found during the campaign, as a part of four separate quests:
- The Black Vials: Six boss-level revenants are trapped in glass phylacteries:
- The Mage's Treasure: Three boss-level revenants in the Brecilian Forest, one in the west and two in the east. These are summoned by triggering gravestones.
- Arl of Redcliffe: A lieutenant-level revenant is found in the Redcliffe Castle courtyard when The Warden breaks in to investigate.
- Unbound: Elite Boss Gaxkang the Unbound, who is found in Quaint Hovel (Dirty Back Alley in Denerim), switches between two forms: a revenant and an arcane horror.
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Edit
It is possible to encounter revenants in the Blackmarsh after escaping the Fade. The various Fade Portals spawn various undead and demonic enemies, including revenants, though at this point in the game they are only Elite level and far easier to dispatch of than their boss-level, Origins counterparts.
The Golems of Amgarrak Edit
- Several Warped Watcher revenants are trapped in-between the Veil in the Amgarrak Thaig. One of these is Boss rank while the others are Elites. These are only encountered during The Golems of Amgarrak DLC.
Dragon Age II Edit
Miscellaneous revenants can be found during the game, including:
- One on Sundermount during Act 1
- One beneath Harimann Estate, during Repentance
- In Act 3, especially during The Last Straw, revenants can be encountered during almost every battle involving the undead.
- If Aveline is in the party during the Mark of the Assassin, several phylactery-bound revenants can be unleashed inside Chateau Haine during her personal quest.
Revenants have five different skills, and like party members, have conditions for their Combat Tactics:
|Skill Used||Condition||Use Chance|
|Aura of Weakness||Any||100%|
|Double Strike||Surrounded by at least 2 enemies||50%|
|Surrounded by at least 3 enemies||75%|
|Surrounded by at least 4 enemies||100%|
|Mass Pull||Most enemies using ranged attacks||100%|
|Most enemies using magic||100%|
|Shield Wall||Mana or Stamina ≤50%||50%|
Other statistics Edit
Revenants have the following characteristics:
- High Armor, Health, and Regeneration.
- Immunity to Stunning and knockdowns.
- Immunity to Cold and Nature damage, although they can be frozen.
- Immunity to +X damage vs. undead effects (Cold Iron runes, Topsider's Honor).
- Vulnerability to Fire damage; normal reaction to Spirit, Lightning, and (despite the Codex text) Physical damage.
- Highly resistant or immune to flanking and backstabbing.
- Good Defense but comparatively low attack rating.
Some of their basic strategies involve:
- Pulling or Mass Pulling ranged attackers and healers.
- Damaging multiple opponents in melee.
- Killing weaker party members in one blow (spiking).
- Wearing down the party with their allies (skeletons or lesser darkspawn).
- Main article: Revenant (strategy)
See also EditCodex entry: Revenant Codex entry: The Black Vials The Mage's Treasure