The quest becomes available at 50% friendship or rivalry.
- When you start Act 2, you will have both this quest and Speak to Fenris active if the amount of approval is high enough. You will always complete Speak to Fenris first. After completing that quest, Questioning Beliefs will trigger the next time you talk to him.
- This quest can be completed both before and after A Bitter Pill. You can pursue a romance with Fenris in both cases, but the conversations will be slightly different.
Fenris tells the story of his escape from Danarius. Listening to his story and choosing only diplomatic or flirt (or sarcastic, verified on PC 1.04) responses nets Fenris: friendship (+15) or Fenris: rivalry (+15).
- Investigate "You want to discuss it now?"
- Choice 1
- Flirt "Tell me anything you like."
- Choice 2
- "Then go ahead."
- Choice 2
- "Not really./Not interested." Allows you to do the quest at another time.
- Diplomatic "He abandoned you?"
- Humorous "Sounds like fun."
- Aggressive "So it wasn't your choice."
- Diplomatic "Didn't you want to leave?"
- Humorous "I can see where this is going."
- Aggressive "And you refused to go."
- Diplomatic "What? Why?"
- Humorous "Old habits die hard?"
- Aggressive "So much for freedom."
- "You didn't stay in Seheron?"
- "Why didn't you leave earlier?"
- "You regretted killing them?"
- "How did you get away?"
- Diplomatic "Thank you for telling me."
- Humorous "It's a good story."
- Aggressive "Danarius should be dead."
- Flirt "Just friends?" (Friendship path) / "You were saying...?" (Rivalry path) - Note: This flirt option doesn't appear if you're in a romance with someone else or you have flirted with and completed another companion's "Questioning Beliefs" quest. Sometimes, you can reload, break off the romance with the other companion and return to complete this Fenris romance later once the other romance has been ended, but it doesn't always work. It may be fixed by sleeping with either Merrill or Anders and refusing to let them move in.
- Choice 6.1
- Diplomatic "I agree./You had to tell someone."
- Humorous "Or too much wine./But you're drunk?"
- Aggressive "Let's not go crazy./We're not friends."
- Flirt "I'm willing."
- "This is a little sudden."
- End romance "Stop right there."