The conversation is different for a friend and a rival:
- If Hawke has a 100% rivalry with Aveline, they have the option of accusing her of being a coward at Ostagar resulting in Aveline throwing Hawke to the floor and beating him/her. She remarks that she's glad she was pushed to the edge by them and remains determined to stand by their side. Choosing other options results in Aveline saying that she is through with Hawke (however she does not leave as a companion).
- If Hawke has a 100% friendship with Aveline, she will begin conversation about receiving word from Ferelden. The letter states that they thought she was dead and if she returned to Ferelden she would be given her old rank and title back. She strings Hawke along for a bit, making him/her think she is leaving to go back to Ferelden; but by the end she reaffirms her support and commitment to Hawke and his/her cause and plans to see it finished.
- If Isabela is no longer in the party in Act 3, Varric will be telling a joke to Aveline and sharing a bottle with her before Hawke arrives.
- Aveline refers to the current "King" of Ferelden even if a save where Anora was made sole ruler was imported.
- Aveline's shield disappears in the middle of the final cutscene.