- "Harrowmont" redirects here. For the noble House, see House Harrowmont.
Lord Pyral Harrowmont is the High-General of Orzammar, a deshyr in the Assembly, and King Endrin Aeducan's second. A traditionalist, he is well known for being an able administrator and has authored many compromises in the ever-warring Assembly.
If the Warden says they will support him, the first task he gives the Warden is A Lord's Trust: The First Task, in which the Warden must fight in the Provings. After this, he asks for Jarvia to be eliminated. This can be done by completing Entering Jarvia's Hideout.
After that he tasks the Warden with finding Branka or what is left of her in order to assure his ascension to the throne, giving the Warden maps to Caridin's Cross in order to help the Warden in the search.
If the Warden joins forces with Bhelen, when he ascends to the throne, he will order Harrowmont executed. It can later be heard from criers, "News of the hour: Lord Harrowmont arrested, pending execution."
- If you choose to support Harrowmont, you will discover later in the epilogue that his reign was troubled. By sticking to the traditional dwarven ways, he further restricts rights from the lower castes while favoring the nobility, as well as further isolating Orzammar from the surface by restricting trade and refusing outside military assistance beyond equipment and herbal aid against the Darkspawn in the Deep Roads. In the following series of rebellions, it is revealed that Harrowmont falls ill, most likely due to poisoning, and dies.
- If you choose to support Harrowmont and sided with Branka he uses the golems to put down Bhelen's rebellion and lives. After several riots in Dust Town, he uses the golems to practically reduce the district to rubble. Branka states that more "volunteers" are needed in order to create more golems. Harrowmont refuses, however, and Branka begins raiding the surface to capture unwilling humans and elves. This leads to a short war with Ferelden, forcing Orzammar to close its gates to the surface, thus isolating the dwarves more than ever.
- "No one is born with rights to the throne. The sitting king may recommend a successor, but the Assembly ultimately decides who will rule."
- "Your father made me swear on his deathbed you would not succeed him." (to Bhelen)
- "I prefer to be known as a just and compassionate king. 'Strong' too often comes to mean 'tyrannical.'"
See also EditCodex entry: Lord Pyral Harrowmont Harrowmont's Staff
Steel (Tier 3)
Requires: 20 magic
Damage: 3.60 (Electricity)
Armor penetration: 26.00