Your decisions, as you progress through this series of five war table operations, will affect the number of Grey Wardens at your disposal. Results text after every operation in the series will change to reflect your deployment decisions to that point, and the status of the Grey Wardens forces, which is what determines how many of these operations you will be able to complete.
Operation text Edit
My town of Val Gamord has been besieged by darkspawn. I cannot fathom where the loathsome beasts have come from, but I beg the Inquisition for assistance. My own humble forces have already been dispatched to help in your own noble efforts, leaving my people ill-equipped against this savage host.
Word of your redemption of the Grey Wardens has already spread far. Please, if you can spare them, Val Gamord lives or dies by your word.
Marquise Effiloche Bouffon
Advisor suggestions Edit
Marquise Effiloche has other allies. She can call upon them, and we can save the Wardens for a true emergency.
It is odd to see a town threatened by darkspawn. I suggest we investigate before committing forces.
The Grey Wardens are in the best in the world against darkspawn. This is their chance to shine.
The nobles who promised aid were hampered in their efforts to assist Val Gamord by rifts in their own territories. The darkspawn destroyed most of Val Gamord before the Grey Wardens intervened. The corruption of the blight and the loss of the town's defenses resulted in high casualties among the Wardens. They are bloodied and battered, but insist that they will continue to serve.
Our scouts investigated the claims of attacks by Darkspawn, on the chance that this was some trick or mistake. As it turns out, they were indeed Darkspawn, and they killed many townsfolk before the Grey Wardens intervened to stop them. It was bloody work, but the Wardens did what they needed to do.
The Grey Wardens fought bravely and with great skill. The town of Val Gamord was saved, and the Wardens themselves took few casualties. They await further commands.
All Advisors Edit
- Unlocks the Find Source of Darkspawn Attacks operation
To successfully unlock the fifth and final part of this quest chain, Destroy Darkspawn Outbreak, you must make sure the Grey Wardens are not expended too early. One way you can do this is by sending your advisors in the following order: Cullen, Leliana, Leliana, and then any advisor.
The status of the Grey Wardens is given by the advisor report at the end of each operation, other than the first and last:
- (Low losses) "The Grey Wardens remain in high spirits. They seem proud of this opportunity to redeem their name in good faith, and losses so far have been light. It is an honor to fight beside them."
- (Medium losses) "The Grey Wardens have taken losses, but their morale remains high, and their loyalty to the Inquisition is undisputed."
- (High losses) "The Grey Wardens continue to fight bravely, but they have suffered many losses. I recommend deploying them with care, lest we lose them entirely."
- (Depleted) "I regret to inform you that after recent actions, the Grey Wardens have suffered too many losses to be of any further assistance. The last warriors died fighting for the Inquisition in good faith. I have sent their personal effects to Weisshaupt."
Different advisors result in different amounts of losses. If the fourth message is received at the end of any advisor report, the operation chain terminates.