Places of Power is a side quest obtainable from The Mages' Collective Quest Board at Lake Calenhad Docks. In order to conquer death, a member of the Collective requires a questionable individual to find and activate four mystical places of power for arcane purposes marking each with a Glyph of Krebulash. After starting the quest, four Glyphs of Krebulash will appear under Plot Items in The Warden's inventory. After using a glyph to mark each place of power, the total number of glyphs will decrease by one.
The places can be found in the following locations:
In all cases, you can highlight the names by pressing TAB on the PC to and the D pad on the Xbox 360.
- In the West Brecilian Forest, behind the ancient tombstone. The Mystic Place of power is exactly at the tombstone; be careful which one you are activating or you may activate the tombstone. You can leave the tombstone alone until ready to fight the Revenant and its minions.
- In Denerim in the Elven Alienage, at the back of large tree at the bottom near the roots.
- In Ortan Thaig, this place is the Altar of Sundering which is also used for the Asunder quest (located on the East side of the river in the Southeastern corner. If you cross the Southern bridge heading east, you will practically run right into it).
- In the Apprentice Quarters in the Circle Tower. It's in the middle of the room where the stairs are to the Senior Mage Quarters,Cullen is standing to the right of the stone circle with a table on it. Click on the back of the upright chair in the middle.
- 175 experience points
- The one in the Alienage can only be done later in the game, after that area is opened up.
- After activation a black cloud will appear for a short time.
- After speaking to Irving about accepting Dagna into the Circle, if you leave the area and return without turning in her quest, you may find Dagna in the first apprectices' bedrooms. If you speak to her, your screen will be blocked by the "Place of Power" chair—Dagna and your party had been transported here. You will not be able to select/click on the chair, thus making it impossible to complete the quest.
- It is also possible to finish the quest by only clicking one of the powers. It is possible to do by rearranging your team equally around the power and hit the pause button then make sure you command your allies including yourself to click the power to activate it. After activation the game will register that you have activate all the power in this quest.