Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you have Isabela in your party, you can talk to the three statues standing before a gate in the south-west corner of the dungeons beneath Chateau Haine. They are: Paisley Pete, Knife-Eared Jan, and Left-Hand Rawley. They reveal to you that they are pirates who previously crewed the ship, the Wicked Dancer but were cursed by their former captain, Captain Maldine: a maleficar. They say that only another captain (Isabela) can set them free. In order to do so, the Dagger of the Four Winds must be reconstructed.
The four jewels of the dagger can be found in the various chambers of the Vaults. The dagger itself is in the main room of the vaults, and can be acquired after completing the puzzles and subsequently deactivating the fire.
Once the dagger is complete, return to the statues, where you can either:
- Allow Isabela to keep the dagger, leaving the three pirates as statues forever. (Note: the dagger is restricted to Isabela.)
- Make her give up the dagger, breaking the curse and freeing the pirates. The free pirates will pledge themselves to Isabela. They will also aid you in the fight against Cahir in the cave.
If Isabela keeps the dagger:
- 150 XP (quest completion)
- Dagger of the Four Winds
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: (1.6 + 1.68 * LVL) electricity damage
((1.85 * DMG) per second)
If Isabela gives up the dagger:
- 300 XP (quest completion)
- The pirates will help in a fight later against Cahir.
- Paisley Pete is striking the Captain Morgan pose.
- The same three statues can be found inside Daerwin's Mouth on the Storm Coast in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- Miniature versions of them can also be found atop a ruin in the Western Approach.
- Speaking with the statues before you acquire the completed dagger can sometimes leave you unable to break the curse.