The Party Camp is a place where the Warden rests and coordinates future adventures. The camp becomes available after the Warden leaves Flemeth's Hut following the Battle of Ostagar. The camp is located in the top right corner of the world map.
The Party Camp is a night environment and appears to be situated amongst various forested hills, with one unobstructed entrance. Alistair and Leliana can be found standing around the large fire in the south end of the camp, which is where most of the party is located. Wynne, Oghren and Zevran stand near the tents around the large fire. Bodahn Feddic and Sandal stand next to their caravan further north, and Shale can be found standing near them (a second, inaccessible caravan will be parked near her once she joins the group). Sten stands a little bit north of Alistair near the center of the camp, and Morrigan stands next to her own fire and shelter at the far northeast end of the camp. Dog, meanwhile, guards the entrance to the camp.
As the game progresses additional people may join the camp, including representatives of the Warden's allies who will stand east of the tents next to the Allied Supply Crates. Levi Dryden will temporarily locate himself near the entrance to the camp if the DLC Warden's Keep episode is installed, but will leave after giving the Warden his mission.
|“We now have a dog and Alistair is still the dumbest one in the party.” — Morrigan|
This article contains spoilers for Dragon Age: Origins. Click here to reveal them.
After completing four of the five main questlines, the Warden and Alistair will have a dream of the Archdemon. Subsequently, a group of shrieks will attack your camp. Though you have no party to command, all your companions will join the fray to fend off the intruders. If the Warden is a Dalish elf, they will discover the fate of Tamlen.
If Sten is with the group, he will speak of fortifying the camp with extra defenses but there's no indication of this actually happening later (that said, this is the only time an attack occurs in-camp so it's possible defenses were added).
Entering (or being in) camp has several effects:
- Injuries are automatically treated.
- Companions will discuss personal, even intimate, matters. Many discussions are only available at the camp. If the Warden is in a romance with any party member, a romantic encounter may be initiated - or a romance broken off - in camp. Interacting with Dog occasionally triggers humorous dialogue sequences involving party members interacting with (or complaining to Warden about) Dog.
- Your active party is removed; attempting to leave the camp will prompt you to form a party.
- The equipment and status of all currently available party members is accessible from the inventory screen, in the same manner that the equipment and status of your active party is available in normal gameplay, except you're no longer restricted to active members.
- You cannot have any of your companions craft items.
In addition, characters who remain in the camp whilst the main party are off adventuring still gain experience, remaining one level behind the Warden. Note this is not a gradual trend; the passive party does not gain experience over time. Instead, when the Warden levels up, anyone at the camp who is two or more levels below is instantly raised to one level below. This is helpful when one of your active party is lagging in levels, as returning to camp after the Warden has leveled up will instantly level them up as well. If an ally is added to a party after having been "parked" in camp for a long time, the character will "level up" the moment the party arrives at a destination and the player may be required to allocate many unused character points.
It should also be noted that there is no travel time between the camp and the place you last visited on the world map. For example, if you were in Denerim, then moved to the camp, you could return to Denerim without having to move on the world map, and thus possibly trigger an encounter.
- Bodahn Feddic and Sandal, a dwarven merchant and his enchantment-capable son.
- Any party members you have recruited.
- Levi Dryden, a human who provides the starting point for the Warden's Keep quest. The option for doing so is accessible through his dialogue options.
- Up to four emissaries from the various armies you've recruited:
- The Cute Nug, after it is given as a gift to Leliana.
Notable gifts for companions Edit
This unique necklace is made of delicate gold strands twisted together in a thick rope.
, sold by Bodahn.
Note that when exiting from camp, all sustained effects on party members other than the Warden will be turned off. If you choose another location other than where you went to camp from, you may have an encounter on the road without a chance to turn them back on again. Always going back to the previous location, setting effects and then going to a new location prevents this from happening.
- Bodahn's inventory resets after you exit camp following your first meeting with him. This has two major consequences:
- You can buy two of any of his initial items: once during the first meeting and again after the reset. This can get you an early extra backpack as well as some extra tomes.
- Any items sold to him during the first meeting will be lost.
- Attempting to set tactics presets for your companions in camp will result in blank entries. You will need to add them to your party and go elsewhere before you can change presets.
- pc Reinstalling the game, while keeping your saves, may cause Levi Dryden to respawn. This will have the effect of showing two Levi Dryden in camp.
- pc Certain events will prevent certain mods from being available in Camp (including the Storage Chest). If that happens, exit the camp (to town or the road) and return.
- When talking to Morrigan, if you are at around +60 to +90 approval rating points with her, she will offer you a unique ring that grants you +2 willpower. If you accept the ring, stop talking to her, quick save the game and quick load it right back and talk to her again and she will give you the ring again, although you already have one. They stack, and you can equip them both.