Overwhelm is a creature ability in Dragon Age: Origins.
- This talent generates an auto-hit.
- It can fail to execute properly in some cases due to line of sight obstacles.
- It is generally activated by the AI when the target dips to 50% or less health, as this is the default tactic for creatures with Overwhelm of any type. Notably, Shadow wolves will use this talent at target's full health.
- It can be interrupted with abilities and spells that paralyze or knock down.
Used by Edit
- Bears: Great Bear and Bereskarn
- Deepstalkers: Deepstalker leader and Deepstalker matriarch
- Children: All variations
- Dragons: Dragons and Drakes
- Dogs: Dogs and Alpha Dogs
- Sand stalkers: Sand stalker leader
- Spiders: All variations, except Spiderlings and Giant spiderlings
- Werewolves: All variations, including Swiftrunner and Gatekeeper
- Wolves: All variations, including Witherfang
- Shrieks: All variations, including Shriek (thrall)
- Overwhelm only affects humans, elves, dwarves, Qunari, hurlocks, and genlocks. All classes with Overwhelm are immune to its effect. A shapeshifted mage, Shale, and Dog are immune to Overwhelm.
- Several enemies in a group can easily chain-Overwhelm against a solo character, which may be lethal for units with little armor, and very annoying and time consuming for highly armored characters, as openings to counterattack are few, short-lived, and far between. This threat is greatest when facing a large group of Shadow werewolves, as they can Overwhelm a defenseless party member from Stealth, evading countermeasures.