Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Overwhelm is a creature ability in Dragon Age: Origins.
- This talent generates an auto-hit.
- It can fail to exacute properly in some cases due to line of sight obstacles.
- It is generally activated by the AI when the target dips to 50% or less health, as this is the default tactic for creatures with Overwhelm of any type. Notably, Shadow wolves will use this talent at target's full health.
- It can be interrupted with abilities and spells that paralyze or knock down.
Used by Edit
- Bears: Great Bear and Bereskarn
- Deepstalkers: Deepstalker leader and Deepstalker matriarch
- Children: All variations
- Dragons: Dragons and Drakes
- Dogs: Dogs and Alpha Dogs
- Sand stalkers: Sand stalker leader
- Spiders: All variations, except Spiderlings and Giant spiderlings
- Werewolves: All variations, including Swiftrunner and Gatekeeper
- Wolves: All variations, including Witherfang
- Shrieks: All variations, including Shriek (thrall)
- Overwhelm only affects humans, elves, dwarves, Qunari, hurlocks, and genlocks. All classes with Overwhelm are immune to its effect. A shapeshifted mage, Shale, and Dog are immune to Overwhelm.
- Several enemies in a group can easily chain-Overwhelm against a solo character, which may be lethal for units with little armor, and very annoying and time consuming for highly armored characters, as openings to counterattack are few, short-lived, and far between. This threat is greatest when facing a large group of Shadow werewolves, as they can Overwhelm a defenseless party member from Stealth, evading countermeasures.