The Orzammar Commons is the biggest district in Orzammar, as all the dwarves of Orzammar who have a caste, live there, except the noble caste. The Commons is the main place for surface dwarves, and other visitors, to conduct business in Orzammar or visit the Provings.
Places EditOrzammar Hall of Heroes, The way in and out of Orzammar. Janar Armorers, A smithy. Tapster's Tavern, the tavern of the area. Figor's Imports, locked when you first arrive. Orzammar Diamond Quarter Orzammar chantry, when you successfully complete the quest The Chant in the Deep. Dust Town Orzammar Proving Deep Roads
Quests EditA Mother's Hope The Chant in the Deeps A Lost Nug An Unlikely Scholar The Key to the City
Dwarf Commoner Origin EditBeraht's Favor
- Captain of the Guard: Talking to him gives you two new Orzammar quests, Vartag Gavorn and Dulin Forender.
- Nerav Helmi: A member of House Helmi and ardent supporter of Lord Pyral Harrowmont.
- Filda: A woman who is praying to the Ancestors and gives the quest A Mother's Hope.
- Legnar: A dwarf of the Merchant caste supporting Prince Bhelen Aeducan.
- Brother Burkel: A dwarven chanter who can start the quest The Chant in the Deeps.
- Nug Wrangler Boermor: He can start the quest A Lost Nug.
- Dagna: A dwarf who is fascinated with magic and can start the quest An Unlikely Scholar.
- Garin: A dwarven smith, who is suffering by mild dementia due to lengthy exposure to raw lyrium. He is also acting as a merchant.
- Mines Commander: He is restricting the access to the Deep Roads without prior allowance from a noble House.
Dwarf Commoner Origin Edit
- Olinda: A member of the Merchant caste who is also a friend of Leske. Unlike most dwarves with a caste, she is not hostile towards the casteless.
- Kasch: A member of the Artisan caste who is taking advantage of the casteless.
- Ademaro: A surface dwarf who doesn't understand why the casteless dwarves don't leave Orzammar for the surface. He is also acting as a merchant.
- Unna: A proud member of the Servant caste who is cleaning the clothes of the third assistant of the Shaper of Memories.
- Bhelen Fanatics and/or Harrowmont Fanatics can be found in front of the entrance of Tapster's Tavern and Orzammar Proving.
Notable items EditLifegiver
The dark arts of a powerful blood mage forged this ring. Despite its unsavory origin, the ring's power has made it a favorite of many nobles and heroes over the centuries. Some say its abilities come at a price, but if true, that price is not apparent.
+3/+6 health regeneration in combat
+10 health regeneration while exploring
+20% to healing effects received, source: Garin's store The Rose's Thorn
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Requires: 30 dexterity
Critical chance: 4.80%
Armor penetration: 8.00
Strength modifier: 0.85
+1/+2 health regeneration in combat
+5% melee critical chance
+30% critical/backstab damage, source: Garin's store Shadow of the Empire
Drakeskin (Tier 7)
Requires: 20 strength
+1/+2 stamina regeneration in combat, source: Legnar's store Remarkable Emerald
This dark green gem has murky depths, like an overgrown pond.
, source: Figor's store Gemmed Bracelet
A delicate golden bracelet adorned with small, sparkling gems.
, source: Garin's store Gold Amulet
A gold amulet suspended by a chain of delicate gold links.
, source: Garin's store Golden Mirror
A mirror of polished glass in a gold frame. Golden deer and sparrows frolic together in a charming scene on the back of the mirror.
, source: Garin's store Remarkable Diamond
A brilliant cut, colorless stone.
, source: Garin's store (only on ps3xbox360) Alley King's Flagon
A monument to the pot-valiant in appropriately hammered gold. Lack of lid allows for a quick pour and, more importantly, refill. Never a stale brew when you facilitate swift consumption.
, source: Legnar's store Gold Earrings
A pair of polished, golden hoop earrings.
, source: Legnar's store Golden Symbol of Andraste
An elegant gold disk suspended from a ribbon that bears the mark of Andraste's flame.
, source: Legnar's store Remarkable Sapphire
A star-cut sapphire, almost the color of the night sky.
, source: Legnar's store Silver Demon Head Ring
An ornate silver ring with a decorative element made to look like a horned head of a demon.
, source: Legnar's store
Codex entries EditCodex entry: Bhelen Aeducan,source: after the cutscene when first entering Orzammar Commons Codex entry: Lord Pyral Harrowmont, source: after the cutscene when first entering Orzammar Commons Codex entry: The City of Orzammar, source: Floor Carvings Codex entry: The Castes, source: Wall Carving Codex entry: The Shaper's Life (part of the codex), source: Runestone Codex entry: Cut to Kal Sharok, source: Rune Plate Codex entry: The Key to the City, (part of the codex), source: Document Codex entry: Nug, source: upon first wrangle of a nug into a box Codex entry: Shadow of the Empire, source: Shadow of the Empire from Legnar's store
- Once you have been to Orzammar Commons, Orzammar appears on your World map; selecting it takes you to Orzammar Commons (as if you had entered from Orzammar Hall of Heroes).
- If you are in Orzammar and want to travel using your World Map (or just go to the Party Camp) you have to exit Orzammar Commons and travel through Orzammar Hall of Heroes and Frostback Mountain Pass to the exit. But once you have access to the Deep Roads there is a shorter method: go to the Deep Roads entrance to bring up the Deep Roads map and select the Wide open world icon to display the World map.
- In the Commons, you are allowed to change your party. If you go to the bridge that leads to the Proving and have the Warden and companions back towards one of the side railings, so that when you change party members the new members will spawn directly behind the Warden making them end up in the lava. From there you can switch to your party member below the bridge and go off exploring underneath Orzammar and beyond. You can place your team on hold, if not they'll teleport to your position if you travel far enough. It is possible to get back to the streets of the Commons from below. It is also possible to get behind the guards barring your way to the deep roads and enter the deep roads before ever getting permission; just don't get too close to the guards or it will trigger the dialogue and you will find yourself standing on the other side of the guards with them still not letting you proceed any further.