Ogres are the massive, brutish shock troopers of the darkspawn horde. Dwarfing their darkspawn brethren, ogres attack opponents with brute force and monumental strength, acting as living siege weapons. Standing above even the normal ogres are the ogre alphas; these monstrosities are no larger, but are far stronger, and are usually accompanied by shrieks.
Ogres are born from broodmothers who were once female Qunari. The ogre's possession of horns stems from the fact that most Qunari are born with horns. Ogres have appeared in previous Blights, prior to the arrival of the Qunari at Par Vollen. This is not a mistake, but the reasons for it are yet to be revealed.
- When the killing blow to an ogre is from a melee attack there will usually be a special death animation. This is a mixed blessing, as the character performing the animation is still vulnerable to attack, yet cannot move or otherwise take actions until the animation is complete.
- A statue of an ogre can be found in Mass Effect 2 through the Kasumi - Stolen Memory downloadable content.
- In Dragon Age II, Qunari were given horns, and their skin color became more akin to that of the ogres. According to David Gaider, this was the initial intent, and the reason why they did not implement the horns was that Sten would be unable to wear a helmet.
See also Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gaider, David. "Why do ogres exist in Thedas before the Qunari arrival?". Retrieved 27 March, 2012
- ↑ Gaider, David. "Opinions about the art direction." Retrieved 27 March, 2012.