Operation text Edit
A note in careful handwriting from the youth who recently arrived:
To the Inquisition,
I found bandits stalking your patrols. They are the usual kind, and I can show your people where they are. I'd have tried to stop them, but they have swords, and I don't. If you have extra, I will help. I want to help.
Advisor suggestions Edit
Not participating in this mission.
If we have the location, just eliminate them. Put the boy to work elsewhere.
If the boy knows where they are, outfit him. It is a minor threat.
The bandits we were warned about are gone. Tell the Sutherland boy thanks. Perhaps he can join the kitchen staff.
The Sutherland lad reported back. The bandits were cleared with minor spoils. He may have potential.
- Gold (~50)
- Gold (~45-61)
- Unlocks A Patrol for the Crew
- Completing with Leliana causes Sutherland to leave Skyhold.
- Completing with Cullen opens up the next operation which can be made available by speaking to Sutherland again and choosing the dialogue option, "Keep training." This begins a chain that can span eight war table operations and one small quest.
Subsequent Operations Edit
- A Patrol for the Crew - Cullen Only (~100 gold)
- Outfitting the Crew - (30 influence)
- A Test of Mettle and the Crew - Leliana (continues chain; 30 influence), Josephine/Cullen (ends chain; ~40-65 gold)
- A Crew of Ambassadors - ( Notched Longbow Grip
- A Crew of Adventurers - ( Firm Two-Handed Haft (Level 15)
- Sutherland and Company Missing (operation) - (30 influence)
- Sutherland and Company Missing (quest) - (Storm Coast. No reward outside of continuing the quest chain and however much XP is earned from killing the darkspawn.)
- A Company of Heroes - ( Heavy Shield Schematic
Armor: 4 Metal
Utility: 6 Metal
Defense: 3 Metal
Masterwork: 1 Masterwork)
- Some follow up dialogue will be triggered upon visiting Sutherland after the completion of this chain. He and his crew imply that they are gifting some amount of gold at this point but no reward is actually given.
- Like this operation, visiting Sutherland's spot in the tavern is necessary to advance the chain following the completion of "A Patrol for the Crew", "Outfitting the Crew", "A Test of Mettle and the Crew", and "A Crew of Adventurers".
- While this operation can be started at any point after the first time leaving and returning to Skyhold, bear in mind that in order to complete the eight-part operation chain to its full extent, the seventh part—Sutherland and Company Missing (operation)—must be completed before starting What Pride Had Wrought. If it has not been obtained before completing What Pride Had Wrought, talking to the NPC who is meant to activate the operation on the war table will yield no results. If it is obtained but not completed for a reward upon starting What Pride Had Wrought, it will disappear from the map on returning to Skyhold after the mission.