Maric's Blade can be found in a locked chest along with Cailan's documents in Return to Ostagar DLC. It is a leveled item, however it only appears as a level 5 (Red Steel) item out of the chest. Will need to use the party chest (consoles) or sell-to-then-buyback from merchant (console & PC) methods to upgrade the item to level 6 (Silverite) or 7 (Dragonbone).
- This is the same sword Maric found in the Deep Roads during the events of Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne. It clearly resembles the blade Maric is wielding on the cover, though this sword's runes glow yellow instead of blue.
- In The Stolen Throne, the sword is made of dragonbone. In Return to Ostagar, the blade is made of red steel when obtained.
- There is an older version of this sword which probably remained unobtainable in favour of this DLC.
- Maric's Blade, as it appears in Return to Ostagar is a one-handed sword, as opposed to a two-handed sword on the cover of Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne.
- This sword has no strength requirements at any tier level.
- Zevran refers to this blade as 'sexy' upon acquiring it if he is in the party.
- Sten says that he couldn't trust someone who could leave a blade like this behind.
- A sword that looks like this one is on the bed in Fenris's room in his mansion in Act 2 in Dragon Age II.
- The runes glow yellow instead of blue possibly because it would either look like Starfang (longsword) or a direct reference to Frodo's sword in the Lord of the Rings, which glowed blue, although only when Orcs were near. Another theory is that due to the matching shield and armour's colour, the yellow/gold engravings look less out-of-place.