This is the same sword Maric Theirin found in the Deep Roads during the Fereldan Rebellion. Maric offered to return the blade to the dwarves, but King Endrin Aeducan insisted that Maric should keep it. The blade eventually passed to Maric's son, Cailan Theirin. Cailan left the blade behind in a storage chest in his enclave at Ostagar while he led the troops at the Battle of Ostagar.
- Based on the novels, the runes on the blade glowed blue, but in-game they glow yellow. Furthermore, in the novels it is stated that the blade is made of dragonbone while in-game the blade is made of red steel, when obtained.
- Using the Party Storage Chest (consoles) or sell-to-then-buyback from merchant (consoles and PC) methods you can upgrade the item to Silverite or Dragonbone material tiers.
- This sword has no strength requirements at any tier level.
- There is an obsolete older version of this sword which probably remained unobtainable in favor of this DLC.
- Zevran Arainai refers to this blade as 'sexy' upon acquiring it if he is in the party.
- Sten says that he couldn't trust someone who could leave a blade like this behind.