- Recipe: Skyhold Garden - A Greener Garden
- Recipe: Courtyard Upgrade - A Better Courtyard
- Recipe: Main Watchtower - A Superior Tower
- Note: Once the Inquisition arrives at Skyhold, the Inquisitor must fast travel to another location and return to Skyhold in order to access his/her Quarters. The Major Upgrades collection cannot actually be viewed in the in-game Journal until one of the upgrades has been completed. Thus it appears with an initial tally of 1/3.
Certain upgrades may be synchronized across playthroughs using the Golden Nug.
- Obtain the recipes
- Fulfil the quotas and craft the required item at a requisition table
- Note: The upgrades are irreversible so you may wish to save the game before choosing one in case you don't like your selection.
Skyhold Garden upgrade Edit
- Once the required requisition item is crafted, you implement the upgrade at the upgrade marker in Skyhold's garden next to the well. Your choices are:
- Herb Garden - Utility and Comfort
- Upgrades the garden by committing the space to simple greenery and cultivation. A functional change that allows more herbs to be harvested.
- a cosmetic upgrade to the garden (visually there is no real difference between the before and after of this upgrade, the most noticeable difference being the addition of the extra herb pots.)
- four additional seed planters (combined with the original two for a total of six) to use for herb harvesting.
- Chantry Garden - Reverence and Reflection
- Upgrades the garden to a Chantry, bringing hope to all who seek it. A functional upgrade that brings a potential resource gain from the inspired, including gold from tithes.
- Despite its description, the Chantry Garden does not produce resources or gold for The Inquisitor's use.
- Both options also unlock Codex entry: Skyhold Garden (see Bugs).
Courtyard upgrade Edit
- Once the required requisition item is crafted, you implement the upgrade at the upgrade marker on the stairs at the entrance to Skyhold's main hall. Your choices are:
- A cosmetic upgrade that declares the Inquisition's promise to be both welcoming and protective for all who seek its support.
- a new building next to the quartermaster's office that is used as an infirmary.
- Practice Ground
- A cosmetic upgrade that declares the Inquisition's investment in the recruitment and training of its soldiers, so that all who wish to fight are put to their best use.
- a practice ground positioned between the tavern and the main stairs that lead up to the hall. Soldiers are seen sparring in the ring.
Main Watchtower upgrade Edit
- Once the required requisition item is crafted, you implement the upgrade at the upgrade marker on the battlements east of where Cassandra stands. The easiest way to access it is to take the stairs near Cassandra, beside the armory. Your choices are:
- Mage Tower - Cunning and Influence
- A cosmetic upgrade that declares the Inquisition's commitment to careful magical study. Skyhold's mage tower will be the envy of any Circle.
- Turns Skyhold's northernmost tower into a Mage Tower
- Unlocks Circle of Magi Banner Crown
- Templar Tower - Strength and Preparation
- A cosmetic upgrade that shows the commitment to the utility of vigilance. The tower becomes a templar hold to rival any in southern Thedas.
- Turns Skyhold's northernmost tower into a Templar Tower
- Unlocks Templar Order Banner Crown
Choose one option from each of the three upgrades to complete the collection.
- 200 Influence
pc Upon choosing your garden upgrade, Codex entry: Skyhold Garden automatically unlocks and a scroll appears on the well. Interacting with the scroll grants XP for both the Chantry Garden and Herb Garden. However, the scroll only contributes to the Patron of the Arts song collection if you choose the Herb Garden. Purchasing the codex from Willvan afterwards does not update the collection either so it appears the song is not available if you choose the Chantry Garden.
It should be noted, however, that the collection can still be completed if every other available song in the game is found/unlocked.