Magisters are the ruling magocrats of the Tevinter Imperium. Their ruling social class is called "Altus" in the Tevene language, and it is also the legislative body of the Imperium, aptly named "The Magisterium". The Imperial Archon and the Black Divine are elected from the ranks of the Magisters.
Notable Magisters Edit
- Archons, leaders of the Imperium, are Magisters
- Caladrius, a slave driver
- Danarius, Fenris' master
- Hadriana, Apprentice of Danarius
- Parthalan - His legion was suppose to quell a slave uprising in Kirkwall, but none of them ever arrived. Owner of a special staff.
- Harach, the famous creator of the Juggernaut Armor Set
- Emerius Krayvan, founder of Kirkwall
- Claudian Vyrantus, who was the last attendant of the Bone Pit and was feared for his cruelty, owner of the Armor of the Overseer
- Quillan, who served under Claudian and enforced the cruel practices within the Bone Pit in 35 Ancient
- Talerio, a magister involved in the Imperium's first expedition against the Avvars, and later the the rest of the Alamarri, inluding Chasind, in 483 TE. Sanctioned the culling of many residents of the Frostbacks and sacked their encampments for trophies
- Tlaxius, one of the last generals who tried to invade Ferelden and owner of the Staff Of The Magister Lords
|“There are men who embrace destiny; these are the ones that change the world forever.” — Flemeth|
This article contains spoilers for Dragon Age II. Click here to reveal them.
|“I've missed walking into death with the wrong people at my side.” — Alistair|
This article contains spoilers for Dragon Age: The Silent Grove. Click here to reveal them.
|“Parasharra. You will not be permitted to leave.” — Sten|
This article contains spoilers for Dragon Age: Those Who Speak. Click here to reveal them.
It's possible to find a number of artifacts left behind by the magisters throughout the Dragon Age series.
The mages of the Tevinter Imperium are known for their power--and their recklessness. This robe's former owner was caught in a conflagration of his own making. The robe survived, the mage didn't.
+10% fire resistance
+10% cold resistance
The air around this simple silver chain seems to shimmer slightly, and the chain itself feels weighty, as if it were something far more substantial.
+6 defense against missiles
+4% spell resistance
-10% nature resistance
This amulet was forged during the height of the ancient Tevinter Imperium's power, a time when entire armies would flee upon seeing a Tevinter magister stride into battle. While the name Cavellus remains engraved on its back, any memory of the magister who created it has been lost to the mists of time.
+5% fire damage
+5% cold damage
+5% electricity damage
+5% nature damage
+5% spirit damage
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Requires: 36 magic
Damage: 6.40 (Cold)
Armor penetration: 40.00
+2/+4 mana regeneration in combat
+10% spirit damage
+10% fire damage
Disks of gold have been linked to form this, each bearing the symbol for a school of magic.
This was formed from several braided strips of dark material. One feels ice cold to the touch. Another, extremely hot. Yet another seems almost to have a pulse of its own.
+10% to healing effects received
Damage: 22 fire damage
(30 per second)
+13% fire damage
- In Latin magister means master, chief, teacher, warden.