Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A young noble named Berand joined the cult in the hills. He is worried that his lover Vellina has not yet arrived to join him.
This quest is initiated by speaking to Berand in the cultists' camp at Winterwatch Tower. Alternatively, the quest can be activated by reading a Letter Found on a Noblewoman's Corpse, which is located southeast of the Outskirts camp, in Dwarfson's Pass.
To gain access to the cultists' camp where Berand is, you must speak to Speaker Anais. Berand is located on the second floor of the tavern area to the right of the entrance. To complete the quest you will present Berand with the letter found on Vellina's corpse, thereby informing him of his lover's death.
Berand will seek your advice as to what he should do now, without Vellina. Both dialogue options result in Berand being recruited as an agent to the Inquisition:
- Join the Inquisition.
- Lord Berand is acquired for Cullen (Forces)
- You failed her. Go home.
- Lord Berand is acquired for Josephine (Connections)
Completing the quest yields
- 177 XP
- 80 Influence
- 1 Power
Recruiting Berand yields
- 50 Influence
- 1 Power
Other texts Edit
- Hyndel can be found inside Winterwatch Tower for the quest Shallow Breaths
- A piece of the mosaic, The Fall is located at the top of the north tower along with an elven artifact which will grant 44 XP, 40 Influence and
- A bottle of Vint-9 Rowan's Rose is on a table near Lord Berand for the Bottles on the Wall collection
- This quest may glitch, causing Berand to disappear before the quest can be turned in. The quest diamond indicating his position may also move to an irrelevant location. This may be more likely to occur if the Herald initiates the quest by first finding Vellina. Berand may also disappear after the Herald closes the rift in the cultists' camp.