July 26, 2011
Legacy is story-driven downloadable content for Dragon Age II. It can be played at any time after reaching Kirkwall, and takes place before the events of the end game. Although it can be played after the campaign, it is a good opportunity for Hawke to gain experience, gold, and equipment early on. The stats of the equipment will be higher at higher levels, but it will likely be more useful if obtained early on in the main story. Hawke and the party will travel to the Vimmark Mountains.
The DLC was released on July 26th, 2011 following its publicity at the San Diego Comic Con.
A Memento of the Past Edit
- Main article: A Memento of the Past
Hawke can interact with the griffon statue in their home in any Act after arriving in Kirkwall. This will trigger a cutscene of Cassandra interrogating Varric, before cutting to the party in the Vimmark Wasteland.
The Carta Edit
Hawke will have to fight their way through a Carta base swarming with obsessed dwarves, who are bound to the will of one they call "Corypheus". After defeating the Carta leader, Rhatigan, they will proceed into a prison in the bowels of the earth.
The Tower Edit
- Main article: Legacy (quest)
The majority of the DLC takes place within an ancient Warden prison tower. The party must battle their way to the top of the tower and face the creature imprisoned there. Along the way, they do battle with darkspawn and dwarves, meet the ghoulish and the mysterious Larius, and encounter the powerful mage Warden, Janeka. Hawke will be forced to choose between supporting Larius or helping Janeka. Either character will lead Hawke to the top of the tower and the monster which waits within.
- Main article: Corypheus
Quests EditA Memento of the Past (main) Malcolm's Will (optional) Altar of Dumat (optional) The Paragon's Heir (optional) Legacy (main)
- Vimmark Wasteland
- Vimmark Chasm
- Carta Hideout
- The Warden's Prison, including:
Notable items EditBloodline
Damage: 1.7 + 1.85 * LVL fire damage
(2.3 + 2.52 * LVL per second)
+(1 + 0.1 * LVL) magic
+(10 + 0.25 * LVL)% fire damage
+(10 + 0.25 * LVL)% cold damage
+(0.1 * DMG) fire damage across 2m (Bethany) Lineage
Damage: (1.4 + 1.54 * LVL) physical damage
((1.64 * DMG) per second)
+(1 + 0.1 * LVL) strength
+(8 + 0.2 * LVL)% critical chance
+(8 + 0.1 * LVL)% attack speed
Attacks ignore enemy armor (Carver) Belt of the Hawke
+1.2 * (LVL + 3) health
+0.6 * (LVL + 3) mana/stamina
Immunity to critical hits (Hawke w/o Bethany or Carver in party) Seal of Dumat
+(0.4 + 0.04 * LVL) magic
+2 mana/stamina regeneration rate
+(12 + 0.4 * LVL)% healing by this character (Anders) Turquoise Ring of the Archon
+2% critical chance
Bonus to evade traps
+2% chance to stealth when hit (Varric) Smite
+(0.4 + 0.04 * LVL) magic
+(8 + 0.2 * LVL)% fire damage
+(8 + 0.2 * LVL)% electricity damage
+(8 + 0.2 * LVL)% spirit damage Ichor
+(0.45 * ATK(LVL)) attack
+5 mana/stamina regeneration rate
100% of basic attack damage vs. enemies that attack in melee
|Conductor||Defeat an ancient evil in the Vimmark Mountains||30||Silver|
|Deep Roads Safari||Kill a genlock, genlock alpha, hurlock alpha, bronto, and deepstalker in the Vimmark Mountains||15||Bronze|
|Family Legacy||Apply three effects to Hawke's Key||30||Silver|
|Family Outing||Complete the main quest in the Vimmark Mountains with Bethany or Carver in the party||15||Bronze|
|Tower Sweeper||Complete every side quest in the Vimmark Mountains prison tower||30||Silver|
- Most of Legacy was written by Jennifer Hepler.
- If you take Bethany/Carver with you, you will get extra dialogue lines during the Malcolm's Will quest. You will also receive a unique item for the sibling. Obviously, you can't add the sibling to the group after they died.
- If you bring Anders along, you will get an additional cutscene involving Justice in the Tower Base and extra dialogue lines immediately before and after the final fight. You will also get an amulet for Anders.
- If you take Varric with you, you will be able to talk to Gerav and will get extra comments during The Paragon's Heir quest. You will also receive a ring for Varric. If you investigate further during the initial dialogue, then leave the choice of Gerav's death to Varric, you'll get +5 Friendship
- Bringing all other companions will result in no additional cutscenes or items. They will still make comments during dialogues with NPCs and participate in party banters.
- It is recommended to bring a rogue with at least 40 cunning, as there are a lot of locks and traps to disarm.
- Many of Bethany's and Carver's dialogues with other companions and Hawke differ depending on their fate (Grey Warden or Circle Mage/Templar).
- If the sibling joined the Grey Wardens but is not taken along, Anders will ask if Hawke has heard from them.
- It is possible to complete the main story before playing Legacy, but it still takes place prior to the conclusion of the game. If Anders is brought along, he will still comment that you are wasting time while Meredith may be burning down the circle. He will also have group banter with Varric about losing money gambling with Fenris, even though it's possible for Fenris to be permanently gone at this point.
- The DLC features a secret boss in the Vimmark Wasteland. It becomes accessible after finding the Warm Orb.
- The party banter will depend on the act the DLC is played in. For example, in act 1 Varric will comment that he will tell Bartrand Hawke has experience with exploring Deep Roads, or Bethany will say they could have just brought the expedition here with them.
- An invincibility glitch may occur where Corypheus does not die.
- Corypheus also sometimes does not attack after being reduced to less than 25% health and remains stuck channeling magic in the center of the room.
- The armor set Regalia of Weisshaupt (mage) has a stealth buff that when triggered removes any/all sustained abilities (such as blood magic or rock armor) that the mage is currently using.
- Ogres may prematurely "explode", resulting in an invisible ogre. The effect is purely aesthetic, as the ogre can still be targeted, attacked, killed and looted.
- In the last darkspawn fight in Corypheus's Prison - Tower Base you have to kill enemies in this order to make the ogre appear:
- (potentially an instance of a general bug) Gerav may become invincible and will be impossible to kill. However, if you kill all his guards, the cutscene after will happen either way. After the cutscene he will still stay there idle and your companions will attack him, but just walk everyone away from him and start the next fight.
- ↑ Laidlaw, Mike (June 22, 2011). "Real expansion or another item pack?". BioWare Social Network. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- ↑ "Official Description". Retrieved 05-26-2014.
- ↑ Jennifer Hepler's Forum Post