- See also: Achievements (Inquisition)
- “The Dread Wolf keeps its gaze on the one light that illuminates the way forward.”
Note that while the other three puzzles take you to out of the way areas or are not required to progress, this is the only one that is a part of the main path and must be completed.
Reach the statue of Fen'Harel inside the Forgotten Sanctuary, next to a mural. Light a single veilfire the statue is facing (second from the left). Press the button at the statue and claim your reward:Arrowwood
An old Ciriane tale speaks of an archer named Arrowwood who traded his heart to the spirit of an oak grove to become the greatest archer in the world. He conquered a hundred keeps and slew the west wind with arrows that, once loosed, could never be stopped. Finally, Arrowwood shot the sun from the sky, turning day to night, and the gothi sent a messenger to seek out the Witch of the Arbor Wilds. Depending on the story's version, the messenger never found the witch and dealt with a demon instead, worked for the witch and her daughters for a year and a day, or made a bargain with the Lady of the Skies. In all tellings, the messenger received a coil of fine silk, traveled to Arrowwood's keep, and secretly replaced the archer's bowstring with the magic silk. When Arrowwod tried to draw the bow, his heart shattered, and he crumbled into dust. The gothi bound his bow in an iron case and buried it in the Nahashin Marshes so that no one could ever use it again.
+95% Armor Penetration
- “Where the Dread Wolf's gaze blazes, paths are brought to light.”
1. Get the Anchor Blast upgrade for the Anchor Discharge in the Shattered Library, then head back to the now half-submerged Deep Roads section via the respective eluvian. Use the upgraded ability near a collapsed entrance surrounded by casks with gaatlok to clear the way and enter the mirror (the first room after descended the Great Stairs). You will find yourself in the hidden section of the Deep Roads called "Unknown Ruin".
2. Find the line of tiles leading from the statue of Fen'Harel to the mural. Put one character on the tile closest to the wolf and tell them to Hold Position. Use another character to press the button on the wolf statue. The tiles will move up in the air, forming a path. Walk it to light the veilfire. Claim your reward:
3. (Alternative Method) With the veilfire torch in hand, walk to the tiles on the floor. Move the camera away from the wolf. When you turn the camera back to the wolf, it should be staring at the direction of the tiles with glowing eyes. Without turning the camera away from the wolf, move to the back of the wolf to press the button. The tiles will rise to form a pathway. Climb the path to light the veilfire. Claim your reward:Heart of Pride
Being near this staff gives one the sense of being vastly better than everyone and everything around. When holding it, the bearer hears faint laughter, and Fade energy clings to it as desperately as a drowning sailor to drifting wreckage.
Requires: Level 25
Damage: 83-85 Electricity
+12% Barrier Damage Bonus
Permashock: All nearby enemies are constantly shocked; grants 50% bonus resistance to electricity and 50% attack speed.
- “When the Dread Wolf's gaze is bright, light burns in a ring of the dead.”
1. While in the Scholar's Retreat, leave at least one character near the eluvian that leads back to the Broken Tower and tell them to Hold Position. Switch to the Inquisitor. Use the invincibility provided by the Anchor Discharge to move safely through the violet fire and reach the statue of the Dread Wolf on the upper level of the island. Press the button at the statue. Quickly switch back to the character at the mirror and enter it. Note: You have approximately 30 secs to light a torch.
2. Run down to the lower level of the Broken Tower. Braziers held by the statues of the dead will be burning. Light a torch and head back to the Scholar's Retreat. Light the veilfire next to the statue of the Dread Wolf. Claim your reward:Rime
Etched into this blade: "The way is full of tests and danger. Watch with the coolness of contemplation to stay safe"
Damage: 160-164 Cold
+45% Cold Resistance
Cold Enchanted: All weapon attacks deal cold damage
On Hit: Chance to deal cold damage in an area around the target.
- “One sees the hunter, one flees from it, one hunts it in turn, one outwits them all.”
Enter the Research Tower. Light the veilfire at the bottom of the tower next to the statue of an owl. Then at the top of the tower, near the statues of a halla and a dragon. Return to the bottom floor to the statue of a wolf for the reward:Bloody Bargain
Unique Dual-Blade Dagger
The Coterie of Kirkwall was run for many years by a man named Harlan. Rumor said he was an apostate, an abomination, a demon of rage poorly impersonating a man -- or that there was no Harlan at all, that it was a title passed to whichever Coterie member was the most bloodthirsty on any given day. During his time at the head of the undercity, Harlan was suspected of killing at least two hundred people. For years, the city guard hunted him to bring him to the gallows, but ultimately he was killed by one of his lieutenants, stabbed with his own knife.
+17% Heal on Kill
+5% Stagger on Hit
Rampage: On kill, movement and attack speed increases by 10% for 30 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.