- “Maps are all right, but nothing beats a guide.”
Lace Harding is the lead scout of the Inquisition.
Lace Harding was born in the Fereldan Hinterlands, just outside of Redcliffe to a seamstress mother and a trader father. Though her mother named her "Lace" in the hopes that her daughter would be as pretty and delicate, Harding quickly proved herself a strong and active child. She helped her elderly neighbor tend to her sheep, which allowed her to explore the hills of the Hinterlands at length. When the Inquisition first began to build a presence in Redcliffe, Harding volunteered to guide the newly arriving Inquisition forces. Eventually, impressed by Harding's skill, Officer Charter recruited Harding to serve as a member of the organization. She quickly became indispensable to the Inquisition thanks to her cunning, daring, and positive outlook.
She is most often found outside the tavern in Skyhold or whenever you first open up a new area in the game.
She also accompanies the Inquisition to the Frostback Basin. She escorts Professor Bram Kenric as he joins the Inquisitor inside Tevinter ruins and participates in the planning and the assault on the Hakkonite fortress. She will also speak with the Inquisitor after they defeat Hakkon.
While not a romance option, she can be flirted with on several occasions and admits to having feelings for the Inquisitor after some time. While she says they can discuss it after defeating Corypheus, no such option becomes available after the final mission.
Harding also accompanies the Inquisition forces who travel to the remains of the Temple of Sacred Ashes to slay Corypheus.She has a posting at the Herald's Rest, offering dance lessons after Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. Nothing comes of it though, as she writes in an apology saying that she has been too busy.
If the Inquisitor hasn't pursued a romance with any other character and has flirted with her, it is revealed in a conversation with Vivienne that Harding and the Inquisitor are in a romantic relationship.
After the Exalted Council, Harding becomes part of the new incarnation of the Inquisition War Council, along with Cassandra and Leliana, and they meet with the Inquisitor in the basement prison of the ruins of Haven's chantry to discuss Solas' plan and how to deal with him.
If Leliana did not become Divine Victoria...
- Her father claims to trace his bloodline back to a Merchant Caste family back in Orzammar.
- Harding seems to have a crush on Dorian.
- It is also hinted at in a light way that Harding may harbor some feelings for The Inquisitor.
- Josephine has sent her flowers.
- She is concerned that Leliana wants to have her killed.
- As her "romance" option is not an official one, you can pursue any of the other official romance options while still flirting with her enough times to find out her first name, and then to have a romantic relationship in Trespasser. Advancing far enough along in a romance path will make it impossible to flirt with her, however.
- She is afraid of heights.