Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Followers of She are trying to take over Lowtown (Night). Killing the majority of them will reveal the location of their lair and leader.
Hanker is an ordinary Elite-ranked Desire Demon, so aside from buffing the enemy party she isn't much threat. However, reinforcements spawn in the middle of the map as well as all but one corner, with an Elite-ranked Assassin showing up late. He's the real threat in this fight, since he can wipe out your party or distract you long enough for the lower-ranks to do so themselves.
This map has the same layout and entry point as the one used in Hometown Breed, so the same tactic is useful here. Send your party to the lower right corner of the map in the alleys immediately upon beginning combat, to pull the enemies into a single-file arrangement. A trap spell like Gravitic Ring or Glyph of Paralysis at the north end of this alley with an AoE like Firestorm or Tempest will deal a great deal of damage and allow a ranged DPS party to gang up on the Normal ranks one at a time. Unlike "The Bastard," Hanker isn't immune to Firestorm, so she'll suffer damage from the trap as well. Stay in the corner and attack from range, making sure to hit Hanker between assaults on the Followers and kill her before the trap wears off (or soon after). Even if you can't drop out of combat and heal before the Assassin slips into the fight, you won't provoke his reinforcements and can easily stun and gang up on him. With him dead, you're free to exit the alley and clean up.
You can now walk around Lowtown at night without being ambushed by cultists.
Rewards EditLord Bearing's Wall
Requires: Weapon and Shield
+10 fortitude (dropped by Hanker) Carta's Left-Hand
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 42 physical damage
(78 per second)
+10% critical damage
Immunity to knockback
25% chance to reduce attack speed
25% chance to reduce movement speed (dropped by Hanker) Money
Gold Silver Bronze
- 500 XP
- Random loot
- Should this be the last of the night-time quests that you turn in : 5 and 800 XP and the Woodsman's Ire axe will be given to you by A Friend, she will then depart. Note : There seems to be a bug in the game that changes the reward to 7 (2+5) and 1300 XP(800+500) and the Woodsman's Ire axe, then A Friend walks away and you receive again 5 and 800 XP and the Woodsman's Ire axe(again).
- A Friend only appears at night, in the back room of The Hanged Man. She will continue to give out rewards each time the player clears out a band of thugs in the subsequent side quests.
- Like all nighttime gang quests, several waves of enemies will not appear unless you change area and come back. Also like all other such quests, the hideout location will be revealed even if 1-2 groups of gang members have not been cleared (so as not to be rendered impossible to complete if another quest npc is curretly blocking a group from spawning in a specific location).
- The name of the desire demon, Hanker, is a verb used to express desire.
- Kind of Want is an internet term often used as a reply to images of attractive people. This may refer to the appearance of the Desire Demon.
- The cultists' name "Followers of She" may be reference to fantasy novel She: A History of Adventure by Henry Rider Haggard where primitive races follow the sorceress queen Ayesha who is simply referred to as "She".
- pcps3xbox360 The player may have to move around the hideout and all its small side areas repeatedly to get all of the enemies to appear.