If you chose to abandon Redcliffe during A Village Under Siege then this quest will be unavailable. However, if you activate this quest before arriving in Redcliffe, then it is still possible to do this quest and abandon Redcliffe if you so choose.
There are two options here:
- Give the potions to Knight-Commander Harrith (located by the Windmill in Redcliffe Village).
- Inform Knight-Commander Tavish, located in the Denerim Market District, about the illegal dealings.
- If you talked to Harrith you must return to the Mages' Collective for your reward.
- If you talked to Tavish you get your reward after your conversation with him.
- 175 XP
Betraying the Collective by choosing Tavish on this quest prevents the Defending the Collective quest from being accessible.
- It is still possible to side with Knight-Commander Tavish after completing the quest with Knight-Commander Harrith. In this case he will take 10 more lyrium potions and a "note" from you and reward you with an additional 1 and an appropriate amount of XP (although the quest log will remain unaltered).
- If the player chooses to hand in the lyrium potions to Tavish first, the option to hand in any to Harrith will disappear. It is not known if this is a bug or not.