Dalish legends Edit
—From Codex entry: June: God of the Craft
The Dalish tell that before Sylaise and June came to them, the elves wandered the forests without purpose, eating only the berries and nuts they could find and shivering naked through cold nights. June taught the elves to make all needful things, and in particular used Sylaise's gentle lessons to the elven people to teach them how to make bows, arrows, and knives to hunt Andruil's gifts.
Little is known of June. In keeping with his inscrutable nature, Dalish elves train their minds with an insoluble wooden puzzle carving they call "June's knot." The sword Evanura was forged by the High Keeper of June.
In Elvhenan Edit
Depictions of June stretch back to ancient Arlathan, but he appears most seldom of all elven deities and the oldest depictions have none of the tools the Dalish associate with him. An Orlesian source speculates that June's role may have changed over time.Thousands of elves channeled raw essence from the Fade into a sphere in the air to create the Grand Sonallium. It was a gift from Blessed Sylaise to Clever June as thanks for a great favor.
- ↑ Codex entry: The Dalish Elves
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Codex entry: The Mystery of June
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 120
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dragon Age (tabletop RPG), Player's Guide, set 2, p. 23
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 270.
- ↑ See the description of the sword.
- ↑ Codex entry: Vir Dirthara: Raising the Sonallium