Javaris Tintop is in his own words, a merchant and investor, based out of Kirkwall. With the Qunari having recently come to Kirkwall, Javaris has been trying to get the Qunari to sell the recipe for an explosive black powder, gaatlok.
|Click here to reveal spoilers|
for Dragon Age II.
During Act 1, Varric hears a rumor that Javaris is looking for hired help. Jarvis appears for the first time in Dead Man's Pass when Hawke can rescue him and his mercenary guards from an attack. Javaris asks Hawke to kill Tal Vashoth outlaws in an effort to appeal to the Arishok, who has refused all attempts. This backfires as the Arishok is more impressed with Hawke than Javaris.Javaris appears again during Act 2, when the Arishok asks Hawke to track down a Qunari poison, saar-qamek, which Javaris stole, assuming it to be gaatlok. Hawke learns from a Coterie barker selling Javaris' assets that the dwarf made a run for it. When Hawke tracks Javaris down, it is discovered that Javaris was framed by an elven fanatic, who stolen the saar-qamek and framed Javaris for the theft. With the elf planning on killing him and the Qunari assuming him to be a thief, Javaris had decided to make a run for it. Hawke can then decide his fate.
- "Let me ask you something...Are you exploding? No? Well I guess that means I dont have the sodding powder!" (in response to Hawke's disbelief of his story)
(While looting his dead guards.)
- "What a mess of mud and blood. No resale value at all."
- "Hire cheap guards, Hawke kills them. Hire good guards, Hawke kills them."
- "Upside, I don't have to pay them."
- "This is a wedding ring? That's sad. People always want a set."
- "These guys brothers or something? Cookie-cutter."
- "Half a locket? A hidden story of love and loss. My life has purpose again."
- "Wait, no. Here's the other half. Must've hired a couple."
- "Wonder if the children look like them. Well, before."
- "Why can't I get his boots off? They're right there."