- See Dragon Age: Inquisition for information on the game with the same name.
Skyhold (Modern Inquisition)
The first Inquisition was a group of people who, following the First Blight, rose up to defend Thedas from the dangers of magic and heretics. The Inquisition later joined with the Chantry and became the Seekers of Truth and the Templar Order. The Inquisition is reformed midway through the Dragon Age to investigate a new threat to Thedas.
The first Inquisition Edit
In the years before the founding of the Chantry and the start of the Divine Age, Thedas was plunged into chaos. The First Blight had ended, the Imperium had broken apart following Andraste's March, and despite the spread of the Maker's teachings, blood mages and Old Gods cults were widespread. The Inquisition was formed around -100 Ancient with the goal of protecting the people from the tyranny of magic in whatever form it might take; blood mages, abominations, cultists or heretics. A loose association of Andrastian hard-liners, the group combed the land in search of these threats and some say theirs was a reign of terror. Others say they were cast in a negative light by history because their investigations and even application of justice, protecting both mages and common people impartially, crossed too many powerful groups. In these accounts it is suggested that the group was already known as the Seekers of Truth and that the "Inquisition" moniker was perhaps pejorative.
In 1:20 Divine, the newly founded Chantry found common cause with the Inquisition and they signed the Nevarran Accord. As part of the agreement, the Inquisition became the new martial arm of the Chantry, the Templar Order, and its senior members became known as the Seekers of Truth. Another result was the creation of the Circle of Magi, with the templars serving as wardens for the Circles.
The modern Inquisition Edit
- “Whatever we were before... We are now the Inquisition.”
The modern Inquisition, in a fledgling state, begins with the interrogation of Varric Tethras by Seeker Cassandra Pentaghast during the events of Dragon Age II. The Inquisition taking place during Dragon Age: Inquisition is, in fact, a back-up plan by Divine Justinia V in case of a calamity within the Chantry.
Members of the InquisitionEdit
- The Inquisitor — leader of the modern Inquisition
- Cullen — leads the Inquisition's armed forces and acts as the Inquisitor's tactician
- Josephine Montilyet — the Inquisition's ambassador and a skilful socialite
- Leliana — leads the clandestine division of the Inquisition responsible for espionage and assassination
- Argent, an agent
- Cassandra Pentaghast
- Hall, an agent
- Harding, the head scout
- Iron Bull
- Korbin, an agent
- Neria, an agent
- Rion, an agent
- Rosslin, a corporal
- Tamar, an agent
- Thamond, a captain stationed at Crestwood
- Varric Tethras
- In The Sims 3 University Life there are various mobile phone skins, one called "Age of Dragon" which has an Inquisition theme.
See also EditCodex entry: The Seekers of Truth Codex entry: The History of the Chantry: Chapter 4
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Dragon Age: Inquisition Developer Interview with BioWare's Cameron Lee - AusGamers.com 23rd April, 2014
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 www.gameinformer.com - The Return Of Races In Dragon Age: Inquisition
- ↑ Rosslin.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 PC Gamer Magazine: Issue 246, pp 24-25
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Thedas UK (January 14, 2012). "David Gaider Interview". Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 www.gameinformer.com - September Cover Revealed – Dragon Age: Inquisition
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 50
- ↑ "On Templars, Raiders, City Guards and The Coterie". Official BioWare blog. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- ↑ Codex entry: The Seekers of Truth
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 106
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Gaider, D. Dragon Age: Asunder. Epilogue. p. 412.
- ↑ Laidlaw, Mike. Twitter. Posted November 30, 2012.
- ↑ Varric Character Profile.
- ↑ AusGamers Interview with Cameron Lee.
- ↑ Digiexpo 2013 - Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay
- ↑ See caption from The Sims 3 University Life.
| -7600 Ancient|
|Arlathan (0 FA–6625 FA) · Endrin Stonehammer (1st century TE) · First Blight (800–992 TE) · Caridin (†947 TE?) · Andraste (992–1025 TE) · Dales (1030–1314 TE) · Inquisition (1095–1214 TE) · Emperor Kordillus Drakon I (†1239 TE)|| -1 Ancient|
|Timeline · Calendar|
|Ancient Age · Divine Age · Glory Age · Towers Age · Black Age · Exalted Age · Steel Age · Storm Age · Blessed Age · Dragon Age|