Paragon Garen who was also a King of Orzammar, lived in the early Exalted Age. His son, Tethras, was exiled into the Deep Roads for murdering his sister however it was eventually found that the Carta was in fact responsible, so Garen started sending numerous units of the Legion of the Dead in search of his son. This wasn't successful however and as a tribute to his son, the members of House Garen took the name Tethras after him. Eventually one of these members became a Paragon on his own right and founded the noble House Tethras.
The house has repeatedly risen to prominence as three of it's members have held the office of Assembly Steward. However in the second year of the reign of King Endrin Aeducan, Lord Andvar Tethras was found to be fixing Provings and for his affront he was exiled to the surface along with the rest of his house. Its members are now surface dwarves and part of the Dwarven Merchant Guild. Bartrand Tethras is the head of the House at the start of Dragon Age II.
- Paragon Tethras: Founder of the House.
- Andvar Tethras: Father of Bartrand and Varric and former head of the House. He died five years later after the house's exile.
- Lady Ilsa: Mother of Bartrand and Varric and wife of Andvar. She took to drinking after her husband's death which left the young Bartrand to assume the leadership of the family.
- Bartrand Tethras: He assumed the leadership of the family a few years after they were exiled to the surface and the family's fortune and power was substantially increased. Bartrand may be killed depending on player choice as part of a quest.
- Vidar: Cousin of Bartrand and Varric
- Thorold: Cousin of Bartrand and Varric
- Emmet: Uncle of Bartrand and Varric
- Codex entry: Bartrand Tethras mentions that the history of House Tethras stretches back to the foundation of Orzammar, however based on the information uncovered in the Legacy DLC, the house came into existence during the Exalted Age (if not later). It is not known which of the two versions are true.
- ↑ Codex entry: First Legionnaire's Journal, Codex entry: Second Legionnaire's Journal, Codex entry: Third Legionnaire's Journal
- ↑ See these four images: , , ,