Walking by Ser Landry in the Denerim Market District automatically triggers this quest.
- With a high enough Coercion skill, you can lie to him and claim that you aren't a Grey Warden; he apologizes and walks off.
- You can persuade him that if he's wrong he'll kill an innocent; he says he feels you're guilty but he has no proof, so you'll meet again when he finds some. He walks off.
- If you fail harder persuade / intimidate checks regarding Loghain's role in Ostagar (he's personal friends with Loghain), he insists on challenging you to a duel and demands you meet him in the back alley behind the Gnawed Noble Tavern. He then heads to the alley.
- If you decline the duel - he walks away insisting "this isn't over". Later, while traveling in Denerim you will have a random encounter where he and his seconds ambush you, forcing you to kill him.
If you select one of the 'persuade' options and are successful, the quest will not appear in your journal.
If you follow him to the back alley you can either attack him with your whole party (in which case his 3 knights will also attack) or accept his one-on-one duel (you gain (+1) from Oghren). During the fight, they will use the following skills:
Ser Landry:Rally (possibly with Motivate) War Cry (with the Superiority) Perfect Striking Shield Bash Assault
Landry's Seconds:Precise Striking Assault Shield Pummel Shield Cover
During the one-on-one duel, if you run back to the beginning of the alley Ser Landry will say that he doesn't want to potentially harm the people in the marketplace and withdraw. He will later ambush you in a random encounter.
Rewards EditEngraved Mace
Veridium (Tier 4)
Requires: 20 strength
Critical chance: 0.65%
Armor penetration: 5.80
Strength modifier: 1.00
+5 mental resistance from Ser Landry
- Either a substantial amount of money, or some lesser poultices, runes and crafting reagents.