The character can make potions, poultices, and salves.
- See Also Skills, Coercion, Stealing, Trap-Making, Survival, Herbalism, Poison-Making, Combat Training, Combat Tactics.
Herbalism is a crafting skill. It allows a character to make a variety of potions, poultices, salves, balms, elixirs, and so forth, whenever raw ingredients and a recipe are at hand. Higher ranks allow the learning of more difficult recipes to produce particularly potent items. All mages start with one rank in this skill.
||The character can make simple potions, poultices, and salves from common herbs.|
||The character has become more familiar with important flora in order to make a wide variety of potions, poultices, and salves, now including the second tier.|
||The character has perfected techniques to make third-tier potions, poultices, and salves.|
||The character's vast knowledge of herbs permits creation of potent fourth-tier potions, poultices, and salves.|
Locations for unlimited supplies Edit
The following vendors sell unlimited supplies of important ingredients.
- Concentrator Agent: Bartender in the Gnawed Noble Tavern in Denerim Market District and Bodahn Feddic at your Party Camp
- Deathroot: Varathorn at the Dalish Camp (if you side with werewolves he will be unavailable)
- Elfroot: Varathorn at the Dalish Camp (if you side with werewolves he will be unavailable)
- Deep Mushroom: Ruck in Ruck's Cave in the Ortan Thaig area of The Deep Roads (if you kill him his stock will be unavailable)
- Distillation Agent: Bartender in the Gnawed Noble Tavern in Denerim Market District and Bodahn Feddic at your Party Camp
- Flasks: Figor in Orzammar (cheapest) and Bartender in the Gnawed Noble Tavern in Denerim Market District
- Lifestone: Ruck's Cave in the Ortan Thaig area of The Deep Roads (if you kill him his stock will be unavailable)
- Lyrium Dust: Quartermaster in the Circle Tower
Herbalism recipes Edit
- Main article: Herbalism Recipes
Each tier in the herbalism skill allows access to more advanced recipes.
Tier One Edit
|Lesser Health Poultice Recipe||Lesser Lyrium Potion Recipe||Mabari Crunch Recipe|
Tier Two Edit
|Double-Baked Mabari Crunch Recipe||Health Poultice Recipe||Incense of Awareness Recipe|
|Lesser Injury Kit Recipe||Lyrium Potion Recipe||Rock Salve Recipe|
Tier Three Edit
|Greater Health Poultice Recipe||Greater Lyrium Potion Recipe||Injury Kit Recipe|
|Lesser Elixir of Grounding Recipe||Lesser Ice Salve Recipe||Lesser Nature Salve Recipe|
|Lesser Spirit Balm Recipe||Lesser Warmth Balm Recipe||Swift Salve Recipe|