Heraldry is a system of blazoning arms onto shields and armor to ascertain the allegiance of the bearer. The soldiers of the noble houses of Ferelden oftentimes carry shields with the heraldry of the house of which they serve. The dwarves of Orzammar also occasionally wield shields with the heraldry of their noble houses. The other races may occasionally bear heraldry, but to a lesser extent compared to the humans or the dwarves.
In Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, the party can purchase and apply a shield heraldry to their equipment for cosmetic customization and attribute bonuses. All heraldries provide +3 to all attributes, except the Legion of the Dead Heraldry which provides +20 to all attributes.
Unaligned groups and organizations Edit
Grey Wardens Edit
Mercenary and criminal Edit
Religious and arcane Edit
Noble houses of Ferelden Edit
Free Marches Edit
Kirkwall Locations Edit
Groups and Organisations Edit
- Some Dragon Age II heraldries (for example, Inquisition heraldry) do not appear in the game (or related media) despite being present in the game files. They are assumed to be cut content.
- ↑ Appears on a wall in Corypheus's Prison in Legacy DLC.
- ↑ This heraldry is found on Greagoir's family heirloom.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Featured in a post on the BioWare blog, "On Dwarves, Elves and Qunari". Retrieved on September 26, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Featured in a post on the BioWare blog, "On Templars, Raiders, City Guards and The Coterie". Retrieved on September 26, 2012.
- ↑ Mercenary's Shield.
- ↑ Black and white version is emblazoned on Cassandra's armor.
- ↑ Appears on City Guard shields, loading screens, menus, etc.
- ↑ Wall paintings and loading screens.
- ↑ Found in the Hawke Estate and on loading screens.
- ↑ Viscount's Keep loading screen.
- ↑ Flags in Viscount's Keep and Lowtown.
- ↑ Viscount's Keep walls and loading screen.
- ↑ Despite the name (Merchants Guild heraldry), it only appears on flags in the Gallows (with red background).
- ↑ Tattoos, Arishok armor and "A Worthy Rival" achievement icon.