Animals, Dalish elves
The halla are a type of horned stag. Some of them are herded by the Dalish elves who used them to pull the aravels, or landships. The Dalish do not consider them beasts of burden but noble companions. Alistair remarks that he's heard that the horns of a halla sells for a fortune. It is said that the Dalish carve their antlers for decorative purposes, and that their antlers are particularly prized in the Tevinter Imperium.
—From Codex entry: Halla
- There are many herds of halla scattered throughout the Brecilian Forest and the Dalish Elf Origin story.
- During the quest Nature of the Beast, there is a lone halla in the East Brecilian Forest, near the North Exit to West Forest.
Dragon Age: OriginsEdit
- Elven legend holds that a halla will lead an elf into the afterlife.
- It is said that halla will only listen to their Dalish tenders.
See also EditHalla Horn
The halla antler has been worked into a torc of wild ivory vines.
+10 mental resistance Elora's Halla
- ↑ Dragon Age: The Masked Empire, p. 202.
- ↑ According to ambient conversation from Zevran Arainai in the Dalish Camp, in Dragon Age: Origins
- ↑ According to ambient conversation from Wynne in the Dalish Camp, in Dragon Age: Origins
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 161