Animals, Dalish elves
The halla are a type of horned stag. Some of them are herded by the Dalish elves who used them to pull the aravels, or landships. The Dalish do not consider them beasts of burden but noble companions. Alistair remarks that he's heard that the horns of a halla sells for a fortune. It is said that the Dalish carve their antlers for decorative purposes, and that their antlers are particularly prized in the Tevinter Imperium.
—From Codex entry: Halla
- There are many herds of halla scattered throughout the Brecilian Forest and the Dalish Elf Origin story.
- During the quest Nature of the Beast, there is a lone halla in the East Brecilian Forest, near the North Exit to West Forest.
- Many can be found roaming the Exalted Plains.
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
Dragon Age: Inquisition Edit
The halla can be found roaming around the Exalted Plains.
- Elven legend holds that a halla will lead an elf into the afterlife.
- It is said that halla will only listen to their Dalish tenders.
- It is said that the halla was elven god Ghilan'nain's favorite creature, and the only one she did not kill when Andruil bade her to destroy her own creations. 
See also EditHalla Horn
The halla antler has been worked into a torc of wild ivory vines.
+10 mental resistance Elora's Halla Codex entry: Halla (Inquisition)
- ↑ Dragon Age: The Masked Empire, p. 202.
- ↑ According to ambient conversation from Zevran Arainai in the Dalish Camp, in Dragon Age: Origins
- ↑ According to ambient conversation from Wynne in the Dalish Camp, in Dragon Age: Origins
- ↑ Codex entry: The Ascension of Ghilan'nain
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 161