Griffon Wing Keep is a fortress in the Western Approach.
Griffon Wing Keep is an outpost, built by the Grey Wardens between their nearby observation tower and the main stronghold in the region, Adamant Fortress. The keep was subsequently abandoned when the Wardens withdrew.
Drinking water for the inhabitants was obtained from a well in a cave beneath the keep.
The Inquisitor may engage in the assault on Griffon Wing Keep to claim it, in which case the Inquisition will turn it into its own base of operation. Repairs of the fortifications, begun by the Venatori, will be adjusted to Inquisition standards and completed. People move in, a merchant amongst them, soldiers are stationed, and the usual crafting utilities are placed on the top floor. Knight-Captain Rylen takes command.
- Main article: Quests (Inquisition)
War Table Operations Edit
- Main article: War table
Astrariums EditAstrariums in the Approach
Landmarks EditLandmarks in the Approach
Mosaics EditThe Archdemon
- Inquisition Banner – Capture one Keep.
- Inquisition Banner Crowns – Capture all Keeps: Caer Bronach, Griffon Wing Keep, Suledin Keep.
Crafting Materials Edit
Tier 2 Common Herb
Notable items Edit
- Up the stairs to the left of the main gate. – Solas
Loot EditSad Splinters
The sad remains of a once proud Keep door.
– Looted after destroying the keep gate during the assault on Griffon Wing Keep. Cowl of the Overseer
An "overseer" was a position common within the ancient Tevinter Imperium, given solely to mages of altus rank. They were sent to distant outposts, usually important mines and strategically important forts, and given authority to act on the Magisterium's behalf with impunity.
Requires: Level 8
+7% Cold Resistance
+7% Fire Resistance
+4% Magic Defense – Looted from Macrinus during the assault. Kitty's Collar
A narrow leather band embossed with a design popular in Honnleath some years ago. A tuft of orange fur is caught in the buckle. Spirits whisper across the Veil, but their voices are unclear. Briefly, they conjure the memory of a little girl.
-100% Damage Resistance (All)
Guardian Spirit: Block one melee attack every 30 Seconds
On Dying: 75% chance to heal for half health
Resist a lethal strike once every 60 seconds – Looted from Macrinus (requires patch 10).
Wares EditPyre of the Forgotten
The Forgotten Ones belong to the ancient Elven pantheon, but their names were lost after the Great Betrayal. Their worship continued in the shadows, despite efforts to stamp it out in the old Dalish kingdom. This staff belonged to a priest of those gods, specifically Daern'thal.
Requires: Level 18
Damage: 68–70 Fire
+14% Armor Penetration
+14% Guard Damage Bonus – Randomly sold by the Griffon Wing Keep Merchant for
+10 Magic – Randomly sold by the Griffon Wing Keep Merchant for
+10% Magic Defense – Randomly sold by the Griffon Wing Keep Merchant for
Codex entries Edit
Other texts EditGriffon Wing Keep (from Servis) Griffon Wing Keep (to Servis) Note of Slight Jealousy
- After the assault, a wooden scaffolding is found on the keep's mid tier, leaning against a wall. On its upper level there's a chest, containing some random loot. However, a ladder only leads up from the second to the top level, there's no direct access from the ground. The chest can only be reached by climbing the pile of wooden crates beside the scaffolding, then jumping across the gap on the construction.
- Griffon Wing Keep receives the most significant design overhaul between enemy and Inquisition occupation of any fort; a massive rock construct is added next to the uppermost turret along with scaffolding, the crumbling corners of the battlements are reinforced with iron retaining walls, and large green drapes are drawn from the turrets to the battlements across the lower marketplace, presumably to reduce its exposure to direct sunlight. Three of the turrets are also extended with iron spires.
- After capturing the keep and leaving the area or reloading a savegame from after this point, the Inquisition flag on the flagpole will change back to the Venatori one.
- If you take the keep before the Still Ruins, Rylen might still refer to you having cleared out the latter, when asked for a status report and nothing else is to mention.
See also EditManifest