Greagoir is the Knight-Commander of the Ferelden's Circle of Magi, Kinloch Hold. He commands the templars of the tower and determines, together with First Enchanter Irving, which apprentices undergo the Harrowing to become full mages, and which become Tranquil.
Greagoir has been Knight-Commander of the templar forces at Circle Tower for many years. In fact, most people, aside from the First Enchanter, can't remember a time when he wasn't part of the Circle. He is described by his colleagues as strong in his beliefs and devoted to duty. While he does not favor mages, he will not kill them without cause and has a grudging relationship of mutual respect with First Enchanter Irving and most of the Senior Enchanters, namely Wynne.
If the Warden is a mage, Greagoir will be present as he/she prepares to undertake the Harrowing, warning of the consequence of failing the test. Afterwards, he will be seen in a meeting with Duncan and Irving, arguing over mages sent to reinforce the king's army, and departs when the Warden arrives.
Later, when Jowan and Lily leave the basement after destroying his phylactery, Greagoir, Irving and several templars confront them. Jowan uses blood magic to knock them out, and escapes alone after Lily angrily denounces him for using blood magic. Incensed over a blood mage escaping, he tries to bar Duncan's attempt to recruit the Warden, either to punish him/her as an accomplice to Jowan's plan (if the player kept it a secret from Irving) or to make sure the Warden has not been affected by Jowan's blood magic (if the player cooperated with Irving) but is overruled.
He is later encountered by Wardens of all origins in Broken Circle, having ordered a lockdown on the Circle Tower due to abominations and demons running loose. When the Warden arrives seeking aid for the Fifth Blight, Greagoir will be present to discuss the issue.
The Warden can choose to side with the templars and purge all the abominations and surviving mages, or attempt to save the remaining mages. Greagoir will only be convinced the Circle is saved if the First Enchanter himself is there to tell him so. If Irving dies in the final confrontation, the Circle of Magi is lost. Regardless of the outcome, Greagoir will commend the Warden for being thorough in clearing out the abominations. If the Circle is saved, Greagoir decides the templars will remain at the Tower and resume their old role, while Irving pledges the Circle's support to the wardens. If the Circle is not saved, Greagoir will decide that, having still received no word from Denerim, it falls to him to decide the order's mission; with no more mages to guard, he chooses to pledge himself and his templars to the Grey Wardens out of duty and gratitude, as "surely destroying darkspawn is a worthy goal."
Regardless of the choice made during Broken Circle, if the Warden is a mage who made the Ultimate Sacrifice, he will be present at the funeral. He mentions that while the situation at the Tower remains volatile, there have been no further possessions. He considers King Alistair or Queen Anora's idea to build a new tower baring the Warden's name "a fine idea" but initially objects when he hears the templars will no longer be supervising them; he finally relents when the king or queen points out what the Warden did without templars guarding him/her.
- "We will form a Circle anew upon the remains of the old, and we will not make the same mistakes twice."
- "Magic exists to serve man, and never to rule over him. Thus spoke the prophet Andraste as she cast down the Tevinter Imperium, ruled by mages who had brought the world to the edge of ruin. Your magic is a gift, but it's also a curse, for demons of the dream realm - the Fade - are drawn to you, and seek to use you as a gateway into this world."
- "I am weary of the Grey Wardens' ceaseless need for men to fight the darkspawn, but it is their right."
- Greagoir: "I don't have time to entertain visitors..."
- Shale: "And here I was hoping for at least a small party."
- Sten: "This is why on Par Vollen we sow our mages' mouths shut and cut out their tongues."
- Greagoir: "I'm inclined to agree with your friend. After all, the Qunari would never have found themselves in this situation."
- First Enchanter Irving and Duncan pronounce his name differently, as do other various characters; both are correct as neither is clarified.
- Completing the Arl of Redcliffe quest before undertaking Broken Circle leads to extra optional dialogue with Greagoir, particularly if the Warden is a mage.
- Greagoir is one of the people who will appear when Wynne's Amulet of Memories is used.