(Note: Patch 10 was only released for XBox One, PS4 and PC; the Golden Nug is not available in XBox 360 and PS3 versions of the game)
Once you have completed the main storyline in at least one playthrough, the nug statue will become available in all future playthroughs. You have to interact with the statue one time with a post-game character in order for it to become available in subsequent playthroughs.
The statue can be found in the following locations:
- Haven, next to the stables outside the main gate
- Skyhold - Undercroft, next to the Special Supplies chest
- Winter Palace (second visit only), next to the crafting tables
- The Darvaarad, on the top floor of the Research Tower
Interacting with the statue will synchronize your collectables across all current and future playthroughs. Items from the following collections can be updated:
- Schematics, including weapons, armor, and rune schematics (Tier 1 schematics excluded)
- Nursery Seeds
- Skyhold upgrades (clarification needed)
- Skyhold decorations
- Potion recipes
The following items cannot be transferred via the statue:
- Any Tier 1 Schematics
- Any DLC schematics received via the Special Shipments (i.e. Spoils of the Qunari and Spoils of the Avvar, etc.)
- Any mounts from the Deluxe Edition DLC (the war table operations need to be completed in each playthrough).
- You must be connected to Origin in order to synchronize the collections.
- For items that are linked to specific war table operations, such as Jar of Bees Grenade Recipe, the operations will still become available in subsequent playthroughs, and the rewards will still be listed in the operation results, regardless of whether you import the items via the Golden Nug. Other rewards from the same operations (e.g., Sera approval from Red Jenny: Inquisition Needs Beeees!) are unaffected and will still be rewarded on each playthrough.
- Recipes obtained in the usual way after synchronizing are often listed twice in inventory.