Gerav is tasked with capturing Hawke. He is encountered in the Carta fortress and, like the rest of the dwarves there, Gerav is insane and has been corrupted by the darkspawn taint. If Varric is in the party, he will attempt to talk to Gerav, but decides to put him out of his misery. Gerav manages to avoid the shot and summons allies, much to Varric's dismay and anger. Once defeated, Varric revealed that Gerav wanted to design a repeating crossbow, and that Bianca was the only one that worked.
Gerav fights like any other Carta assassin, he will attempt to flank the player and backstab them, he will also be joined by other Carta members, including a couple of assassins.
- If Varric is in the party, he will tell Hawke that Gerav made Bianca. Once Gerav is out of the way, Hawke can continue further into the Carta base. Gerav will drop a ring that only Varric can wear.
- If Varric is not in the party, Gerav will still appear and another party member will comment on Gerav's insanity, but his involvement with Varric's past is not revealed and he will attack Hawke on sight along with some Carta members. Upon death he will drop the same loot as well as an item named A Letter to Gerav.
Drops EditTurquoise Ring of the Archon
+2% critical chance
Bonus to evade traps
+2% chance to stealth when hit
- "The Hawke's blood! The Master will rise. He will be free!"
- "The Master must be free..."
- "We drink the darkspawn blood. He calls us..."
- "It's the only way...to hear the music."
- In Nightmare difficulty he is completely immune to elemental damage and you can hit him only with physical damage.