Note: For 'Remarkable' gems, see Gifts.
Gem types Edit
In the order that the game lists them in your inventory:
A brilliant cut, colorless stone.
Deep red and nearly indestructible, these are prized by royalty.
This dark green gem has murky depths, like an overgrown pond.
A star-cut sapphire, almost the color of the night sky.
A brilliant gem the color of sunshine.
A deep, clear purple stone.
This stone is patterned with odd bands and ripples of color, like the contents of a witch's cauldron.
This uncut stone is the color of honey.
A gem the shade of dried blood, dark red, nearly black.
A milky white stone of remarkable strength.
Blue green stone with a pattern like a turtle's shell.
Flawless gems Edit
In Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, four new flawless gems can be found:Flawless Diamond
A diamond of peerless quality.
This pure green gem is quite valuable.
Rubies of such perfect cut and quality are exceedingly rare.
[note] Flawless Sapphire
A near-perfect example of a sapphire.
Other EditSmuggled Lyrium
A carefully wrapped package of refined lyrium. It seems to emit a strange, low hum.
, can be acquired during Precious Metals.
- 10 Garnets are required for the Untraceable quest.
- All "mid-range" gems can be donated to the Allied Supply Crates in the party camp, once the Dwarven allies have been recruited.
- All gems labeled Remarkable are gifts for Shale. (Requires The Stone Prisoner DLC)
- A Flawless Ruby is required for Heart of the Forest in Awakening.
- A Diamond is required for Worked to the Bone in Awakening. Another diamond can be used at the Shrine of Korth while doing the quest It Comes From Beneath.
See also EditPouch of Gems
This small pouch contains a smattering of roughly cut gems. The gems are of decent value, as befitting a minor noble.