Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So it's bugged me for quite some time now. Templars are at the circle tower; Templars are at the Mage camp in Ostagar, and Templars are in various other locations during the game. The overriding consensus is that the Templars follow the Mages everywhere, for "various reasons"; so how come they didn't follow the Mage's to the battle of Denerim? Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 02:36, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
Given that they're pretty much all creepy stalker types, they're probably around but you can't see them. They lurk around corners and hide in bushes, watching. Always watching. Creepers, the lot of them. --Darkly Tranquil (talk) 05:36, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
Apparently if you sided with the mages they were there. That tranquil emissary guy said they were working together. The only reason you can't call them in battle is because you picked the mages. It's a gameplay thing mostly, you couldnt have templars and mages to call into battle. There would have been templars fighting somewhere in the city as Denerim had lots of them. We only ever saw a tiny part of Denerim, even during the battle. (DDragonfly1990 (talk) 10:50, March 1, 2013 (UTC))
They fought in both the battle of Ostagar and the battle of Denerim, check the cutscenes and you can see some amongst the soldiers in the Ostagar cutscene, and fighting and killing darkspawn in the cutscene after you kill the Archdemon --XxDeonxX (talk) 23:06, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Really? I haven't noticed. I'll scrutinize the background more thoroughly on my next play through. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 23:12, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
If you call a blasted coward someone who's hiding, then by your logic apostates are cowards, dwarves, Dalish and Antivan Crows also. Hidding is a strategy rather than cowardness.184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:19, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Your logic is flawed. If you think about the ramifications between your statement and the Battle of Denerim and Ostagar, you'll see the strawman you waving around. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 01:55, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
Honestly, the Templars don't hide at all. The fact that even if they do show up at the Battle of Denerim doesn't matter. Not every Mage set a course for the Final Battle. They need Templars to guard the tower. And let's face it. They're gonna fight DARKSPAWN. If they go Abominable, the Templars could just watch as the Ogre squished it. --Did I ever tell you the definition of redundancy? 23:10, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- It goes something along the lines of this... Militaries would cease to function, if not for redundancy. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 03:55, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Dear sir, by reading this forum I have witnessed you partake in a life changing journey. While it has had it's ups and downs, you came out better for it in the end. Best wishes, and may you live long and gloriousy.
- Anyhow, I think that they mostly couldn't been seen is because of cutscene limitations. They're there, but not often.--Agent047 (talk) 19:21, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Well he was covered in blood, and with Bann Teagan in your face, and lookin' all sexy, he was easy to miss. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 00:04, March 18, 2013 (UTC)