Is there a forum on Nexus mods where I can go for help after installing a whole mess of mods for DAO?
I ran around and found all kinds of great mods for my new playthrough -- and I found an odd impact. In character creation, I got "5" points to spend on stats, as expected. But each click to a stat, while subtracting 1 from the 5 total, added 2 to the stat! In short, most definitely not as expected, I actually got 10 points to spend. The game sort of fixed it; I didn't get any on my next level-up, just a skill/talent, and "1" to spend for 3rd level. But that also gave me 2 points for the one click. In short, it looks like I'll get either 2 or 4 points to spend per level, depending on how many I've borrowed, and will have to spend an even amount on a given stat. That's not horrible, I suppose. But it's totally unexpected, and I don't know what other oddments might crop up. I don't even know where to look for what might have caused it.
- Thanks! I'd found that, actually. And I've navigated (again) to the Dragon Age: Origins category of fora. What I noticed this time is that Dragon Age Mod Talk does seem to be partly for mere users of mods, so I'll try there. (I'd thought it was just for modders.) -- Bitter Lily (talk) 19:15, March 8, 2017 (UTC)
- I found out from LadyHonor that something uses the module_core script, instead of making their own. But I haven't heard yet how to FIND which one. A list of mods, you say... I can see why you'd need it, but I'm afraid that's going to have to wait, LOL. Unless there's an easy way to copy and paste a set from NMM, it looks like I'll be typing all those names out. -- Bitter Lily (talk) 19:30, March 10, 2017 (UTC)
- As mentioned somewhere else, I currently haven't NMM installed, but there might be an export option, that would create a TXT or XML file, of which you could copy-paste the content.
- Also you might find the mod directory in your Explorer/Computer, which contains subdirectories for every installed mod, named. Make a screenshot and upload it. Post it here in a similar way as you placed the image on your user page. After solving the problem, the file could be deleted (again ), to not count against your max allowed number of user images (10).
- If none of these options work, you could expand every section in the NMM mod list (not the activated modules – the right tab) and make as many screenshots as necessary to catch them all. I hope, this doesn't exceed the number of 9 (10-1) …
- -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 10:36, March 11, 2017 (UTC)
You don't have NMM installed? That's a pity. I've discovered a further step I can take in investigating the mystery. I just have to find the TIME. I'll update you once I do. And thanks for the offer and suggestions! -- Bitter Lily (talk) 04:07, March 16, 2017 (UTC)