Well, here it is. After we've known about it for a year and a half, Bioware has finally confirmed the third installment of the series. This is a thread for marking the progress of what we know about the game as time goes on, and our reactions to this information, for better or for worse.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 15:40, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
I hope DA3 will not be just like ME 3. I dont wanna choose between A B C ! - Darthportus
No offense Darthportus, but pretty much nearly all Bioware choices are like that. Hell, most games choices are like that. The only difference, was that the end of Mass Effect 3 was just a bit more blunt about it. --TheRageMage (talk) 16:56, September 17, 2012 (UTC)TheRageMage Atleast those A B C lead to different outcomes, not a different color. Introduce a bit of Anarchy (talk) 20:09, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
In DA3 will be 10 companions, that's too much for me. Oghren and Sten were alsmost the same or Carver and Sten. I want bigger variety of skills. If there will be 10 companions then I want to choose like Alistair or Loghain or like in previous game Mira or Hanhar. 220.127.116.11
- Who's Mira and Hanhar?--Lurooke Surana (talk) 17:30, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- In game Star Wars KOTOR2, Mira joins the light side player and Hanhar joins the dark side player, they were bounty hunters companions of the player, the letter was a wookie male, the former was a human girl.18.104.22.168
- Or at least make them killable again, especially if Cullen is planned for one. All in all, cannot wait for the hype machine to fire up - regardless of quality of games themselves, it always brings much joy, fun and guffawing. Dorquemada (talk) 18:06, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I would just as soon only have two companions, provided they have a personality that can't be summed up in one word. ----Isolationistmagi 18:12, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
If companions will join depending on protagonist's points of view, then my companions will be chaotic/neutal good/neutral, because I hate slavery, tyranny, murderers, terrorists or fanatics and I don't support mages or templars. - unsigned!!!
All I want to say is that I am happy that they have finally announced it because that means more information and teasers. So there is finally a development. YES! --22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:30, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
Well, the three most important things DA3 simply needs - and Bioware will no doubt implement them with EA's help - are:
1. Day one DLC
2. A Multiplayer Part
Dorquemada, in DA2 you could still kill Anders, Merrill, Fenris, Bethany and Carver. I agree on Cullen and I also hope we get to kill Sebastian too. DAO annoyed me when I couldn't kill Sten for attacking me in Haven, so I hope I get another shot at him too. You guys say 10 companions like that's alot. Not counting temporary origin companions or expansions (LS, DAA, GoA, WH, DSC) DAO had 10, DA2 had 9 (10 if you wanna give half a point to the dog and half a point to Justice).--Vampire Damian (talk) 20:25, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, 10 companions is too much for me. In Mass Effect 2 were 10 companions (14 with DLC), I didn't have time to talk with them all and some of them had almost idetical powers, I like variety of abilities and in DAO Sten and Oghren were almost the same, in DA2 Varric and Sebastian, Carver and Fernis, Isabela and Tallis were clones by their skills. In DAA they had the most different styles and skills. 126.96.36.199
- What game did you play? Mass Effect 2 had 12 with DLC.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 20:42, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Did you count Liara T'Soni and Amanda Kenson as temporary companions and key characters of downloaded stories? Without them we have 12 companions, with them 14. Numbers never lie. 188.8.131.52
- First time I see someone actually complaining about there being too much content. Jesus, you don't have time to talk to them (why, exactly?) you don't have to. Problem solved. Henio0 (talk) 20:59, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
Possibly endings: A: You became Maker and you would be able to control all darkspawn. B: you will kill all Tainted creatures including Grey Wardens. C: You will merge Darkspawn with all living beings( Architect's plan) XD - Darthportus
- OK, people didn't like the Mass Effect 3 ending, we get it, SHUT UP.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 21:17, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Nobody wants such endings, so don't talk like this. Besides DA series isn't a trilogy, it will have more games.184.108.40.206
- I'm just saying it's been over over six months. For those of us who didn't hate the ending, it's getting tiresome.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 21:27, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Look, can we just discuss things directly related to this game?--Lurooke Surana (talk) 21:32, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
I hope there will be a central antagonist making whole story sense. In DA2 each arc had own villain, no villain of the whole story actually existed. Arc 1-Bartrand; arc 2 - Petrice, Quentin and Arishok; Arc 3 - Meredith and Orsino. I think like in arc 3 of DA2 in DA3 enemy will be Lambert or Fiona or both depending on player's choice. 220.127.116.11
Have they actually said yet if they plan on more DA games after DA3? I thought after DA2 tanked they were gonna see how DA3 did before making any decisions. For me, having that many companions increases replay value and it didn't hurt the group too much if one of them died.
I'm hoping to see Shayle restored to dwarven form at some point, she was one of my favorite companions in DAO and it'd be interesting to see what she'd be like back in a new form. Not to mention how big it would be if the golem process could be reversed. Sten could maybe be the new Arishok. Maric and others from the novels/comics might make their first in-game appearance.
I hope we actually get to learn something more about whatever Flemeth, Morrigan, Morrigan's child (OGB or not, if she even has one) and the Warden's are up to in DA3. Also, where that eluvian in the Dragonbone Wastes went, if Corypheus survived and maybe find out a bit more about the Architect.--Vampire Damian (talk) 21:56, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- They said there will be more than 3, although not exactly how many.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 22:10, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
The ME3 endings were great, the problem with them is that they weren't actually Mass Effect's endings but the endings of Deus Ex, a completely different game, which made them look a bit... strange... when propped onto ME3.
@Topic: I think that 10 companions are too much. Why? First, I honestly don't think they can make 10 characters which really differ from one another, and personally, I don't need dublicate characters just to boost the number of companions. Second, BioWare won't have unlimited resources, and I would prefer if they'd spend their money giving the characters some depth and a lot of conversations. Before I get 12 companions like in ME2 with which I can have 3 prolific conversations with the standard companions (and no real conversation at all with the DLC characters), I'd every time prefer 6 companions with 6 (or more) elaborate conversations...Erstarrung (talk) 22:07, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
I hope all the LI aren't bisexual this time.That's one thing I want them to take from ME3. The LI were either Hetero, Homo, or Bisexual. Not everyone the same. It just seemed unreal and annoying that everyone was bisexual. The Dread Wolf (talk)
- Especially since Anders never gave any indication of being bi in Awakening, it was pretty ridiculous that he was in II.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 02:14, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Aside from killing people in cold blood?--Lurooke Surana (talk) 02:51, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Let's see what evil I can think of. Blackmail is handy, extortion could be of some use, torture sounds nice and play's some role in the evil handbook. If you can think of any beside killing in cold blood jot them down too. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:30, September 18, 2012 (UTC)Darkside
- The ability to play as a human, dwarf, elf, and possible kossith.
- Keeping Warden's and Hawke's doings a mystery.
- Refine the elves.
- Actual plot.
I don't want to play as a human, not when we have these fantastic races we came close to in DAO. I'm being a human 24/7, and it was wonderful to be able to escape that in DAO. I'm sure each of us has a favorite, and we became quite emotionally attached to our favorite race. The rumor of us playing as an inquisitor worries me, as it may put a limit on how we play our new pc, and how we might form their origins.
Many wants to know what happened to Hawke and Warden. Frankly, I'd rather decide that myself than let BioWare do that for me. They have both mysteriously vanished. They're on to something, and that something will probably turn out to be big, knowing those two. But I don't want BioWare stealing my boys. I don't want them to decide their fates and decisions. If we need to know something, it better just be rumors we can dismiss or approve of. But I'll be the one to decide their fate.
Everyone had something to complain about the elves in DA2. The had gotten the same remake as the other races, and the dwarves and kossith were really good, but the elves were not really what the creator might have had in mind. Balloon-heads, stick bodies ... I dread to remember the elven prostitute in the Rose, the one in her smallclothes. Bony arse and compleatly unattractive. Ugh. I highly disliked the facial remakes as well at first (the flat nose). It felt like DA2 tried to catch a ride on the Avatar-wave. But mainly because I was worried about how my elven Warden might look like with these features. Well, I found and used a mod were all DAO elves got the DA2 remake, including the elven Warden, and he actually didn't look bad! He actually looked really good! Large, soulful eyes, exotic nose, prominent ears (and the modder had bettered up the bodies slightly as well) ... So I believe now the DA2 elven look is good, but it needs to be refined, like a polished diamond. Most of the elves in DA2 looked ugly, because no aesthetic care was put into them - it was practically only Fenris and Merrill who got any care. And their bodies still needs a do-over. Smaller and leaner than humans, sure, but more ElfQuest-erotic than starved models-skinny. Thinner doesn't mean more beautiful, BioWare! Give the girls some curves and the boys some greek-god muscles. :D
I liked the new elf designs as well, it made them different than a human with big ears, which bugged me in DAO, because my elf looked just like my human charactors. However They need the size of their bodies adjusted Fenris looked like a twig with a big sword.
DA3 needs a plot. In DAO we had a red thread throughout the whole game that gave us a reason to keep going. In DA2 I kept wondering when the Big Quest would begin. --SylvanLore (talk) 08:00, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure that since with the novels and stuff they set the stage for this really, having a plot from the get-go shouldn't be a problem.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 12:07, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I always play on PC and RPG games are the most suitable for PC. 22.214.171.124
I hope decisions made in DAO will have a big impact on plot of DA3. In my playthrough Bhelen as king of Orzammar opened his kingdom to the rest of Thedas and reclaimed some of lost thaing without golems. Alistair rules jointly with Anora and gave Ostagar to people of his friend Dalish elves, their new land is governed by Lanaya. I made all those choices and wish to learn consequences. 126.96.36.199
I hope the choices you make have more of an impact on the story than what happened in DA2. Besides a game with Inquisition in the title should be a winner, if they pull it off that is. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:15, September 19, 2012 (UTC)Darkside
- An exalted march.
Like this? http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Companions_Based_on_Decisions 184.108.40.206 (talk) 04:53, September 20, 2012 (UTC)