Ok granted, you could make the women look pretty manly, and no make-up, what have you. But the equipment typically fit as a woman, unless you were putting the heavy stuff on, but even then there were tits. And the guys had similar problems, and weren't allowed to where make-up. And in a game that challenges sexuality as a side note, this is a crime.
The first few times playing DAO and DA2 it wasn't much of an issue. But now, you know what... fuck that shit!!! Here's my list...
1) Full facial crossover - it can be broken up into three main parts; masculine, androgynous, feminine. Once one of the three is chosen, you can fill in the details.
2) Option to change hair/make-up at camp/home - for instance, you click the tent, or powder room, whatever classifies as your private room. The DA series doesn't seem to require actual rest once you're at home base anyhow.
3) An equipment gender choice - sure, having a pretty girly boy wearing masculine massive armor might be funny, or the governator wearing feminine leather. But how about just being able to pass off as the other gender. And just for shits and giggles, the option to change it, like 2.
4) Strength/dexterity and body type - Let's face it, when someone is weak, they usually look it; as you increase their strength str, they should beef up. Same with dexterity, they should lean up; this one would probably be harder to do.
5) Tits - I want the option to pick cup size A, B, C, or D, that's all that's needed.
6) Height - I wanna choose my height.
So there you have it, if I wanna fight with girly cross-dressing male midget in Dalish Leather swinging a battle axe, well gall darn it, give it to me. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 05:25, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
- And speaking of Dalish Leather; they really need to make one or more item sets using it. They have the best looking female armor, yet it's outstripped by Wade's armors in terms of bonus'; as Sten would put it, "this must be rectified". Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 04:14, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting suggestions. Although, would it make sense for a man or woman (regardless of build) to be wearing armor that wasn't fitted for him or her? Юра 05:29, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Amusing and somewhat interesting ideas, sadly if you want BW to listen to you you're in the wrong place. ----Isolationistmagi 05:30, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Erm.... would anyone in their right mind listen to a person wearing the opposite gender's clothes in the DA universe? People will think you're a loony. Not to mention, female clothing doesn't usually translate that well over to a male's physique and vice versa so it would look a bit tight or frumpy respectively. Aleksandr the Great (talk) 05:36, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
I'm particularly interested in how that last one would apply to dwarves. What would a midget by DWARF standards look like? Alternatively, would it ever be possible to have elves taller than some humans or dwarves taller than certain elves or even elves shorter than some dwarves? I know that DA3 protagonist is always human, but it is always something to ponder for the future. 4Ferelden (talk) 06:08, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
No, Dragon Age does not need crossdressing
Charachter costumization is nice, but it's not sims... I have never been so neutral towards anything game related like this idea. LoL. At least alistair could dress up, and sing the remigold or what for the darkspawn. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:40, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
No. Terrible idea. I have a much better one. How about DA3 have great gameplay, solid design, superb graphics, and an epic storyline? All in favor say believe it! Believe it! (talk) 23:55, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
This would entertain me greatly. I fully support it, as well as any attempt you might make to convince the developpers to implement this. (In fact, you could start a petition or some such thing and place a link here. I'm sure it would get quite a few votes.) TheodoricEichen (talk) 02:36, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
While it's not the worst idea I've ever heard, and obviously there are people who think it's a good idea, there definitely more pressing issues for III to be addressed. Things like if we'll be using the dialogue wheel again, how combat is going to change from II, who our companions are, will we see The Warden and Hawke again and if so in what context, how is the castle mechanic going to work, things like that. Again, while I'm not trying to make fun of the person that thought of this, Bioware has a lot of things from II to fix and add onto, and this is not one of them.--Lurooke Surana (talk) 05:08, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
A hair changing option would've been kind of nice. And I could see why a height meter would be nice, so would a whole 'stats affecting character' type thing...but a "tits" option? No. No, no, no! Feminine, masculine? You know, if you just want women wearing skimpy armour with big boobs and makeup totally not ruined by all the running and sweat. If you want that, modding community! Or why not just play a Korean MMO. Or why even go through the hassle of downloading things and just use Deviantart. But you foul perverted fiend stay away from my beloved franchise. --TheRageMage (talk) 09:05, January 26, 2013 (UTC)TheRageMage
- "if you just want women wearing skimpy armour with big boobs and makeup totally not ruined by all the running and sweat"
- I can't tell if that's criticism for his idea or for what the franchise has done up to now. TheodoricEichen (talk) 18:39, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
- YES!!! Messed up make-up and ruined armor. Good reasons to go to the powder room, or blacksmith, or what have you. And not just for the pc geeks blast it all!!! Speaking of ruined armor; penalties for continuing to use it in disrepair... All of this can be made into a DLC add-on. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 03:22, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
There's a president. In DA2, the black emporium, there's a mirror that allows you to change your appearance. I don't see how it would be difficult to doctor it to meet the OP. Shadizar666 (Ruck Rules) 20:40, February 9, 2013 (UTC)