Fazzil's Request is a side quest in Dragon Age: Origins that is received from the Chanter's Board in Denerim. From the chanter's board you learned that Master Fazzil of the Guild of Free Sailors was robbed of money and a sextant by foreigners. He's offered a reward for the return of his sextant.
- During Unrest in the Alienage, the Warden will need to pass through some Run-Down Apartments in the Elven Alienage in Denerim. In the northern central room of the apartments is a chest containing the Free Sailor Sextant.
- Return the sextant to any Chanter for a reward.
Fix: a workaround is possible using the toolkit. (apologies for language mistakes, I'm From Belgium)
- open your last save game with the toolkit. C:\users\%username%\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters\%Charactername%\Saves\Slot_#.\%savegametitle%.das
# is a number. usually the highest number contains the last save, unless you used a quick save, in wich case the file will be located in the appropriate folder.
- browse in the toolset to "top level struct\SAVEGAME_CAMPAIGN\SAVEGAME_JOURNAL\savegame-journal-active-list".
- expand the numbers one by one (if you have a lot of active quests this could be a lot of numbers) and search for the quest with the entry "den200pt_fazzil_request" and delete the whole number. so if you find this entry under number 6, right-click on number 6 and select delete.
- Start the game to load the save, and verify the quest no longer is active in your journal. (perhaps this step can be skipped, but i'm not sure).
- exit the game and start the toolkit again, and open the last save.
- Browse to "Top Level Struct\SAVEGAME_PARTYLIST\SAVEGAME_PLOTITEMS\# and find the number with the entry "den350im_fazzil_sextant".
- find the entry "SAVEGAME_OBJECT_PLOT" and set the value to 0.
- go to file-save and save the file.
- start your game. the quest should be on the chantry board of the Denerim market place.
- accept the quest, and talk to the chantress.
- the quest should be completed!
- 175 XP