Viscount's Keep (night)
This quest is acquired at the beginning of Act 3, regardless of whether or not Sebastian has been recruited.
Head over to the Chantry and talk to Sebastian. He will be discussing the situation with the mages with Grand Cleric Elthina. Elthina will ask you and Sebastian to talk to an agent of the Divine named Sister Nightingale and tell her that the situation in Kirkwall is not as bad as it seems.
- Tell Elthina that you don't agree to any requests until you know what it is and tell her you will go right away. Sebastian: (+15)
- Tell Elthina you agree to her request when asked and tell her you will go right away. Sebastian: (+25)
- If Anders is in the party and you refuse to get involved ("But they are needed"), he will disapprove. Anders: (+10)
Make your way to the Viscount's Keep at night and enter the Throne room (a rogue will be required to unlock the simple doors - 10 Cunning - 50 XP). Defeat the Blood Mages and the demons. Then this will initiate a scene where Sister Nightingale reveals herself. She tells you that Grand Cleric Elthina is in grave danger and wants you to tell her that it is best if she left Kirkwall to some place safer.
- If you tell Sister Nightingale "It's not that bad." Sebastian: (+15), Fenris: (+5) Aveline: (+5)
- If you tell Sister Nightingale "It's time for holy war.": Sebastian: (+15), Fenris: (+5)
- Choosing all diplomatic responses when replying to Sister Nightingale. Anders: (+10)
You will automatically get two Codex entries as a result of this conversation:
Return to the Chantry and talk to the Grand Cleric.
If Leliana "died" Edit
If Leliana was killed in Origins, she still appears in the quest. If Hawke asks about the rumor about her death, Leliana will state that "It wasn't yet my time".
- If the Hero of Ferelden had a "romantic" encounter with Isabela and Leliana at the Pearl (and you import your save game) bringing Isabela will result in a cheek blushing reunion between the two.
Grand Cleric Elthina will refuse to leave. You can respond by:
- Telling Elthina to think about it. (Diplomatic) Sebastian: (+15)
- Commenting that you don't hear that quite often. (Witty) Sebastian: (+10)
- Telling her that she has been warned. (Aggressive) Sebastian: (+15)
- 1650 XP(for the fight at the Viscount's Keep) and 1500 XP(quest completion)
- 15(from Grand Cleric Elthina)
- Ser Maura's Gauntlets
Requires: 32 strength
+3% physical damage
- The Low Blade
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 44 nature damage
(81 per second)
+10% critical damage
+3% attack speed
25% chance to reduce attack speed
25% chance to reduce movement speed
- Jewel of the Ether
+9% magic resistance
- The Resolutionist's Cap
Requires: 32 magic
+4 mana/stamina regeneration rate
- Mage's Friend
Requires: 32 strength
Weapon and Shield
+17% magic resistance
- other random loot from the fight at the keep
- Although it doesn't show up on the city map, it is possible to enter the Viscount's Keep at night as long as this quest is not yet completed, regardless of which part of the quest you're currently actually at. This means it is possible to enter the Keep and subsequently the throne room and go through the entire encounter without having talked with Sebastian in the chantry and gone through the introduction part of the quest. What's more, it is impossible to leave Viscount's Keep after entering until you've completed the encounter in the throne room. After meeting with "Sister Nightingale," the quest will simply update with the next part of the process, completely skipping the introduction.
- Romance flag doesn't work properly if you import from expansions or dlc into DA2, so Leliana won't mention her romance with the Warden.
- It is possible that the conversation with Leliana will get stuck on the loading screen after all the mages are dead. You may skip to the dialogue with Elthinia via the console using the debug script. (Open the console and type runscript zz_seb_debug. Select "Faith -- Act II" then "Return to Elthina.") Trying to do this within the short timespan between the end of the battle but before the cutscene fires seems to result in getting stuck in the loading screen after completing the console commands.