Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grants +20% Chance to Dodge, +20% Resist Stun/Knockdown.
- This passive is quite a mixed bag due to the attack animation interrupts it forces. In this respect, 20% dodge provided by this ability is radically different from 20% dodge from any other source. In fact, it's doubtful whether these two kinds of dodge should be considered the same mechanic. Whenever a character successfully dodges an attack with Evasion, attack animation interrupt is always forced and an Evasion effect icon briefly appears; on the other hand, whenever a character successfully dodges an attack with, for instance, Cailan's Greaves
Varies (Tier 5-7)
Requires: 36-42 strength
+20% chance to dodge attacks, there is no animation interrupt, and no status icon, just no damage is dealt. This is clearly demonstrated in these two videos: Evasion (20% dodge) vs Cailan's Greaves (20% dodge).
- +20% Resist Stun/Knockdown needs a clarification. It's not a physical resistance bonus, it's a flat 20% chance to ignore any stun/knockdown effect. Normally unresistible abilities like Ram and Scattershot may be resisted this way.
- The effect adds to displacement property, and is stackable with other sources, such as from items. While chance to dodge is 20%, the chance to play the interruption animation is only 15%, regardless of how much the property is stacked:
- With just Evasion and no other sources of Chance to Dodge, you have a 5% chance to dodge without interruption and a 15% chance to dodge with interruption.
- With Evasion and Cailan's Greaves (adds 20%), you have a 25% chance to dodge without interruption and a 15% chance to dodge with interruption.
- There is no interruption for resisting stun/knockdown.
- It is quite easy to reach a high level of dodge for rogues in Dragon Age: Origins through gear and talents: