- “Light a lamp, would you, Calpernia? Everything's so dark.”
Erasthenes employed Marius, a Slave soldier of unusual skill as his bodyguard before eventually selling him off to a renowned trainer, much to the chagrin of another of his slaves; Calpernia, who had been close to Marius.
One night a stranger visited Erasthenes' home. To Erasthenes' surprise, Calpernia readily turned on Erasthenes and went to the stranger's side.
If the Inquisition recruits the Templars: Erasthenes was imprisoned within the Shrine of Dumat using a unique binding spell of phenomenal power and endurance. Eventually The Inquisitor raids the Shrine and discover Erasthenes. Erasthenes reveals that the binding spell forces him to answer any question put to him completely truthfully or else suffer immense physical pain. Erasthenes elaborates that this same binding spell is in fact intended also for Calpernia after she becomes 'The Vessel' and that his binding was merely a prototype.
Afterwards, the Inquisitor may elect to kill Erasthenes by breaching the wards or keep him alive for Leliana to question and potentially find a way to undo the binding spell. He can also be made Tranquil.
- "I can make you Tranquil." (Mage Only)
- Not available when Vivienne is in the party
- Cole (even when not present)/Iron Bull
- "You're too useful to kill."
- Iron Bull
- Cole (even when not present)/Dorian/Solas
- "Your death will be a message."
- Iron Bull
- Cole (even when not present)/Blackwall/Sera
- "I'll free you from your pain."
- Cole (even when not present)