- Projectiles: 12
- Damage per hit: 66% weapon damage
- Cooldown time: 16 seconds
- Cost: 50 mana
| Energy Bombardment||Upgrade|| Each hit from Energy Barrage lowers the target's resistance to your staff's magic type for a short time. |
Distance Bonus: 4 meters
Additional Hits: 2
| Energy Storm|| Upgrade |
| Energy Barrage now deals additional damage, but all targets are selected at random. |
Damage: 100% weapon damage
- Although officially a spell in the Storm tree, the damage dealt is primarily the equipped staff's base element (fire, ice, electric, etc.)
- Triggers an Eldritch detonation
- Each bolt acts independently for the purposes of triggering critical hits, hit-based effects on other abilities, and "on hit" equipment effects (i.e. Fury of the Veil), making it a valuable supplement to abilities such as Lightning Cage and Flashpoint
- When used as an Eldritch detonator, the first bolt to hit an incapacitated enemy will trigger the combo. In a Nightmare combination, subsequent hits from the same cast will not remove Panic
- The attack animation has a small "step-in-place," which is enough to disable the idle condition of Winter Stillness, requiring the 3-second threshold to rebuild after casting this spell
- If you are using an item with Fade-Touched Plush Fustian Velvet the chance to proc is 71.8% and 77.1% with Energy Bombardment making it a reliable way to do a large sum of damage.
- Energy Barrage is useful for Knight-Enchanters to rapidly replenish their Spirit Blade's charge meter, as they count as "staff attack projectiles" for that purpose.
- If properly spaced with an enemy bearing a tower shield and if that enemy is facing the attacking mage, Energy Barrage will arc behind the target when homing in, circumventing their shield that normally deflects staff blasts and inflicting damage.
- With Blade of Tidarion, you are allowed to place Fire, Ice, or Lightning rune which result in 24 projectiles instead of the normal 12 and boost chance to proc Fade-Touched Plush Fustian Velvet to 92%
Con: Blade of Tidarin is a melee weapon, and both elemental are threat differently
- With Ring of Doubt; by casting Energy Barrage and casting Chain Lightning immediately will result in Critical for all 12 or 24 Energy Barrage along with The Chain Lightning and possible Hidden Blade)
(It is one of the highest dps with the Enhanced Energy Barrage Ring 66% x 24 = 1584% damage alone)