Embrium is a crafting resource in Dragon Age II. It has certain therapeutic medicinal qualities which were first discovered in Orlais. They commonly grow around the Wounded Coast region of the Free Marches.
Act 1 Edit
- 1 on the Dead Man's Pass during Blackpowder Promise, at the corner where the four paths meet
Act 2 Edit
- 2 at the Wounded Coast, one on the south path by the blocked mine, one on the north path where it slopes up to the right
- 1 at Sundermount on the upper path (above the cave pass), on the right side of the revenant clearing
- 1 in the Holding Caves during A Bitter Pill, outside on the right-hand path
Act 3 Edit
- 1 at the Wounded Coast, to the left just short of the far western exit
The beloved daughter of Lord Ignace Poulenc of Orlais fell victim to a terrible sickness of the lungs, which her healers were unable to cure. Thinking the girl would soon perish, her parents surrounded her bed with brightly colored flowers, hoping that they would bring some warmth and cheer in her last days. Oddly enough, the girl began to recover from the illness, and grew stronger each day. Her parents were baffled, but overjoyed. The healers eventually learned that the fragrance of one of the flowers eased the child's breathing. The flower was an embrium, and later became known as the Salubrious Embrium.
The other variant that has certain magical properties is known as Dark Embrium.—An excerpt from The Botanical Compendium by Ines Arancia, botanist
—From Codex entry: Embrium