This quest is acquired via the Chanter's Board.
Speak to the blood mage controller or mercenary captain for one of three options:
- "Mages need training.": The elves will attack, and the mercenaries will help defeat them.
- "Let the elves go.": The mercenaries will attack, and the elves will help defeat them.
- "We share the bounty, then.": The elves will attack, and the mercenaries will help defeat them.
None of the choices have companion effects.
- 380 XP (for the fight; either way) and 750 XP (quest completion; either way). (1130 XP in total)
- 1 and Shine
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 25 physical damage
(46 per second)
+3% critical damage
+5 spirit damage (looted from the mercenary captain) if Hawke sided with the elves, or 2 if Hawke sided with the mercenaries.
- pcps3 Sometimes the Chanter's Board cannot be accessed in Act 2.