- Found in Haven, Hinterlands, Storm Coast, Emerald Graves, Crestwood, Arbor Wilds, Forbidden Oasis, and Frostback Basin.
- 6 from Hinterland Resources War table operation with Leliana
- 3 from Hinterland Resources War table operation with Josephine
- Sold by Crossroads merchant in the Hinterlands for 000000002020 (infinite amount).
- Sold by Caer Bronach merchant in Crestwood for 000000002020 (infinite amount).
- Sold by the Stone Bear Hold crafting merchant for 000000002020 .
- Random loot from containers.
- Sold at the Winter Palace merchant for 000000002020 (infinite amount).
Elfroot is a hardy plant with large green leaves that grows wild in many places. It's so common that it tends to show up in most gardens and fields, almost like a weed. Unlike a weed, however, most people appreciate having access to the wonderful little plant. The roots can be used with very little preparation. Rubbing some of the juice on a wound, for example, will speed up healing and numb pain. And chewing on a slice of root treats minor ailments like indigestion, flatulence, and hoarse throats.
There are several varieties, but the most useful for herbalists are the Bitter, Gossamer, and Royal Elfroots.—An excerpt from The Botanical Compendium by Ines Arancia, botanist
—From Codex entry: Elfroot
- Needed for the quests:
- Ingredient in:
- Lyrium Potion
- Mighty Offense Tonic
- Regeneration Potion
- Rock Armor Tonic
- You can pick 16 elfroots a trip by traveling from the Upper Lake camp in the Hinterlands and then running east (and slightly south) towards the castle with landmark point "Thelm Gold-Handed, the Dreamer". All of the herbs are in and around the castle. You then travel to a different region and back to reset the herb spawns. The herbs will always respawn in the same location.
- Elfroot's medicinal properties were re-discovered in 4:20, likely a joke by the developers that alludes to the code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis and by extension, as a way to identify oneself with cannabis