Acquisition EditNote that during Acts 2 and 3 Emporium's Crafting Materials will stock elfroots you may have missed in previous acts for
Act 1 Edit
- 2 in Sundermount, one in the loop to the left between the entrance and the Dalish Camp, one behind the clump of stone in the first clearing up the mountain path (where the Dalish hunter insults Merrill). See map below.
- 2 at the Wounded Coast, one on the south side of the north path just past that first northeast clearing, one at the dead end on the far west of the map
- 1 at the Sundermount Ambush Site during The Way It Should Be, on the west side of the looping southern trail
- 1 at The Bone Pit on the far east end of the map
Act 2 Edit
- 1 at the Wounded Coast, about halfway down the east-west path on the south side (a little past the first Raiders)
- 1 at Sundermount, in the stone ruin on the low path past the Dalish Camp
Act 3 Edit
- 1 at the Wounded Coast, just past the mine cart on the east-west path
Elfroot is a hardy plant with large green leaves that grows wild in many places. It's so common that it tends to show up in most gardens and fields, almost like a weed. Unlike a weed, however, most people appreciate having access to the wonderful little plant. The roots can be used with very little preparation. Rubbing some of the juice on a wound, for example, will speed up healing and numb pain. And chewing on a slice of root treats minor ailments like indigestion, flatulence, and hoarse throats.
There are several varieties, but the most useful for herbalists are the Bitter, Gossamer, and Royal Elfroots.—An excerpt from The Botanical Compendium by Ines Arancia, botanist
—From Codex entry: Elfroot