Nature of the Beast
Lost to the Curse
Thy Brother's Killer
The Mage's Treasure
- The Mad Hermit
- The hermit will remain non-violent so long as things go the way he wants them to. He will attack The Warden however when annoyed and he is capable of some magic, being a renegade Blood Mage. He will summon some Rage demons to help him. Note: If you search the tree stump to recover the acorn before speaking with him and ignore him telling you it's his house, he will attack you without any further conversation.
- Maleficar: They will be in the large barren area where you found one of the tombstones after you have accepted the Mage Liaison's quest Thy Brother's Killer. After a short conversation a fight ensues.
- Werewolves - (Beast, Normal and Elite)
- Rabid Werewolves - (Beast, Normal)
- Swiftrunner - (Beast, Elite)
- Black Bears - (Animal, Normal)
- Great Bear - (Animal, Elite)
- Wild sylvans - (Demon, Normal or Elite)
- Ogres - (Darkspawn, Elite)
- 4 Maleficarum - refer to the quest Thy Brother's Killer for more details.
- 8 Bandits - 4 melee, 4 archers and a 2-handed leader . Melee half uses Precise Striking, Shield Cover, Shield Pummel and Assault, archers employ Pinning Shot, Critical Shot and Shattering Shot, while the leader activates Powerful Swings and Sunder Armor.
Note: The bandits only appear if you killed the Mad Hermit and return later.
- Revenant (Undead, Boss)
- Fanged Skeleton (Undead, Normal)
- Devouring skeleton (Undead, Normal)
- Devouring skeleton (Undead, Elite)
- Skeleton archer (Undead, Normal)
- 4 Genlock Alphas - (Darkspawn, Elite) - 3 archers, one Dual-Weapon.
- 2 Hurlocks - (Darkspawn, Normal) - both archers.
Note: The darkspawn only appear if you killed the Revenant from the southern gravestone and return.
- Charred Corpse (Generic, Normal)
- Chest (Elven, Normal) - locked
- Pile of Bones (Generic, Normal)
- Pile of Bones (Generic, Normal)
- Rubble (Generic, Normal)
- Rubble (Special) - contains Steel Spiked Collar
- Chest (Tevinter, Normal) - locked
- Chest (Elven, Elite) - locked
- Pile of Bones (Generic, Critter) - contains Onyx Demon Statuette
Notable items Edit
Ancient Elven Helm
Veridium (Tier 4)
Requires: 22 strength
+25% spirit resistance, source: Mad Hermit
This teardrop-shaped pendant is a chunk of dried sap on a length of twine. It's warm to the touch, and the same pale gold as the rising moon. While equipped, it augments Wynne's Vessel of the Spirit spell.
+10% electricity resistance
+10% nature resistance
+10% spirit resistance, source: Aneirin (via Wynne's Regret)
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
Crafted during the third Blight, this ring projects an antipodal application of Fade energies that can disrupt or outright destroy.
+10% spirit damage, source: drop Mad Hermit
The curious geometric patterns on this indicate that it was made by the dwarves. The metal is a brilliant golden color, but has an odd greenish shimmer that suggests it is not gold.
+1 constitution, source: steal from Mad Hermit's stump
Grand Oak Acorn
This acorn is enormous, as large as a human skull. The sight of it would probably cause a squirrel to die of sheer joy.
, source: Mad Hermit
Whitewood (Tier 4)
Requires: 18 strength
Strength modifier: 1.00
+1% melee critical chance
+10%% to healing effects received, source: Skeleton
Patterns like sunlight falling through leaves have been woven into this scarf.
, source: Danyla
Steel Spiked Collar
Heavy leather with a single row of sharp steel spikes.
+1.5 armor penetration
+6 armor, source: Pile of Bones
Onyx Demon Statuette
A small statue of a demon, carved out of onyx.
, source: Pile of Bones
Codex entry: Archons of the Imperium, source: Mad Hermit
Special objects Edit
- A "Magical Barrier" is present along the southwest path to the ruins. You will need to obtain the assistance of either the Grand Oak or the Mad Hermit to pass. See Nature of the Beast for details.
- A "Landmark Tent" at the hermit's camp can be used to activate Mabari Dominance.
- "Ancient Tombstones" - used for quest The Mage's Treasure.