This item cannot be acquired via normal means in the game.
- The weapon is very effective against darkspawn enemies, especially when loaded with the rare Sureshot Bolts.
How to add the Dwarven Defender to your game:
- This requires that you have downloaded the toolset.
- Open the toolset and then open the single player module (File > Manage Modules > Single Player). Click the creatures tab. Scroll down until you see, "A Paragon of Her Kind". Open the folder, find orz200ar_commons.
- Open this folder, and scroll down to orz200cr_guardsman (Captain of the Guard). Right click this resource, and select "Open Local Copy". When the resource screen opens on the left, scroll down until you find inventory.
- Click to open and select Global from the folders on the left. Find Weapons, Ranged followed by Crossbows, Unique and finally Dwarven Defender. Add it to his inventory, make sure it is set to "Not Equipped" and then put a check in the "Stealable" box. Click Ok, and close the inventory screen.
- Export without dependent resources.
- Close the toolset (saving when prompted) and start up the game, load a save before Orzammar has been visited and travel there to steal your new prize.
Third party Mod Edit
A simpler and quicker way to get this item, is to use an unofficial mod which allows you to add items with your desired material (tier) if you know their ID code. More about this can be found in this page.